- Katrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drinkSunny Leone at zoOm Tv functionNow monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before releaseAfter posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to IslamSalman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track \'In Da Club\'Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view pics
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
Kumbh tragedy: Who is responsible, ask families of victims? Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 01:00:48 PM IST Kumbh tragedy: Who is responsible?
It was a complete failure of government machinery including Railways which did not thought and planned the return of the devotees, said an eye-witness.
At the mela campus crowd management was in place but how to tackle the same when it comes come to station-- was not given a thought by anyone leading to massive human tragedy.
There are about five stations at Allahabad but roads leading all were closed except one. This led to unmanageable pile up of people at Allahabad station. At whose order all routes to other railway stations were closed is a matter of investigation, asked a family member of the victim.
Also when the tragedy struck there was no back-up plan either at the station or at the hospitals.
To compound the problem majority of officers were on leave as it was Sunday. They did not bother that it was Mauni amabasya in which their vigorous response would be needed. Who will answer that, asked the victim family.
The response of political class was also pathetic with hardly any leader rushing to the accident site to coordinate the rescue operations.
One of the reasons is said to be the last minute announcement of change of platform for an arriving train which led to crowd surging in hurry from one platform to another. Should not the station master be punished for such a lack of sensitivity in the matter, asked a passenger.
The Uttar Pradesh Government has, however ordered an inquiry into the stampede at Allahabad Railway station and asked the Railways to make proper arrangement to clear the rush of pilgrims who have gathered for Maha-Kumbh from all over the country.
"The state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident. The 'snan' at Kumbh was completed without any problem...the unfortunate incident took place at the railway station..Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry," SP spokesman and Cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury told.
Defending local administration, Chowdhury said there was no laxity on its part and it was the failure of the railways, which should have run more trains to deal with the rush.
He said that CM has asked the Centre to run more trains to clear the rush in Allahabad.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tonight condoled the loss of lives in a stampede at Allahabad Railway station and assured financial assistance to the families of those killed and to the injured.
Vice President Hamid Ansari also deeply condoled the death of Kumbh pilgrims and wished speedy recovery for the injured.
BJP President Rajnath Singh also condoled the loss of lives in the stampede at Allahabad Railway station and urged Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to strengthen the arrangements in the city during the Maha Kumbh.
The BJP chief talked to the Railway Minister and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and enquired about the relief and rehabilitation efforts.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina is seen performing daring acts in water for her forthcoming film 'Bang Bang'.
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
- Now monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!
- SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?
- Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before release
- Deepika ends 'Cleavage row’ with an open letter: Read now
- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to Islam
- Salman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track 'In Da Club'
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr