- India launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'Leone calls Salman her godfatherThe Lunchbox named best film in TorontoHow Malala Yousafzai was sot dead:See in picsShocking pictures of Peshawar school attackFarha to replace Salman in 'Bigg Boss 8'Exclusive coffee table book for 'Kick' fansSchoolchildren observe silence
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
UP announces state advised price of Rs 275-290 for sugarcane Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 06:55:38 PM IST File Photo
The Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government on Friday announced the state advised price (SAP) for sugarcane procurement at Rs 275-290 per quintal for 2012-13.
SAP is the price below which mills cannot buy cane from farmers.
The state government has fixed Rs 290 per quintal for early variety crop, Rs 280 per quintal for normal crop, while Rs 275 a quintal for sub-standard cane, an official release said.
After this decision Rs 21,500 crore would be paid to cane growers for their crop, it said. This is Rs 3,300 crore more than the amount paid to farmers in 2011-12.
The state government has also increased transport expense deduction to Rs 5.75 per quintal to Rs 8.75 per quintal.
Last year, Mayawati-led BSP government in the state had declared cane price of different varieties of cane to Rs 235 per quintal, Rs 240 and Rs 250 for different categories, respectively.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood most awaited movie 'PK' which hits in theaters on Friday have top 10 secrets.
- Stanford University students meets SRK
- Kate Upton named sexiest woman
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
- Man spends USD 150K to look like Kim K
- Top ten spicy controversies of Aamir Khan
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer