- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Case of rape, cheating lodged against former BSP MLA Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 08:06:18 PM IST
A case of cheating and rape has been lodged with the police by an ex-district panchayat member against former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA R P Kushwaha, who trashed the charges as "political conspiracy".
The complainant has alleged that Kushwaha forced her into a physical relationship and also took Rs 16.98 lakhs with the promise of getting her contracts and securing jobs for her family members, police said.
She also claimed Kushwaha threatened to kill her when she demanded her money back, they added.
Kushwaha dismissed the allegations claiming that the 'fake' case was an attempt to put pressure on him as his wife Reeta Kushwaha, who is the District Panchayat chairman, is facing a no-confidence motion.
The former MLA has been booked under Sections 406 (punishment for criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property), 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
Meanwhile, a medical examination has been carried out on the complainant and further action will be taken by the police after the report is received.
The complainant, also a member of BSP, served as a panchayat member from 1995 to 2002.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel