- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in pics
Simona Halep crushed AgnieszkaRadwanska 6-2 6-2 to join Serena Williams in the champions
PM lays foundation stone of Kishangarh airport Last Updated : 25 Sep 2013 05:15:34 PM IST Manmohan Singh addressing public after laying foundation stone of Kishangarh airport
In the backdrop of communal strife in Muzaffarnagar, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked people to maintain peaceful relations and respect all religions and ideologies.
The PM was in Kishangarh, Rajasthan, to lay foundation stone for the development of an airport, which is scheduled to get operational by 2016.
"No one is benefited by thoughts and works of hate and violence. Relations among communities, religions and people have been cordial in our country and the only way before us is to follow these great traditions," the Prime Minister said at the a public function around 20 kms from Ajmer.
He also invoked Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, saying that his teachings are relevant today at a time when some parts of the country are facing communal tension.
"Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti presents a fine example of communal harmony and peace. People from all religion visit dargah to seek blessings and I believe that what we learn from the holy?dargah is very significant today when some parts of the country are facing communal tension," Singh said.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, Union Minister Sachin Pilot, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were also present at the function.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Akshay Kumar and his family did not celebrate the festival of Diwali this year.
- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan Hashmi
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country