- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose will defend his UBS Hong Kong Open golf title, while Ma
PM lays foundation stone of Kishangarh airport Last Updated : 25 Sep 2013 05:15:34 PM IST Manmohan Singh addressing public after laying foundation stone of Kishangarh airport
In the backdrop of communal strife in Muzaffarnagar, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked people to maintain peaceful relations and respect all religions and ideologies.
The PM was in Kishangarh, Rajasthan, to lay foundation stone for the development of an airport, which is scheduled to get operational by 2016.
"No one is benefited by thoughts and works of hate and violence. Relations among communities, religions and people have been cordial in our country and the only way before us is to follow these great traditions," the Prime Minister said at the a public function around 20 kms from Ajmer.
He also invoked Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, saying that his teachings are relevant today at a time when some parts of the country are facing communal tension.
"Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti presents a fine example of communal harmony and peace. People from all religion visit dargah to seek blessings and I believe that what we learn from the holy?dargah is very significant today when some parts of the country are facing communal tension," Singh said.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, Union Minister Sachin Pilot, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were also present at the function.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mostly seen in comic roles, actor Vir Das who will be seen in a role of a Sikh man in thri
- Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Eijaz Khan roped in for 'Bahu Humari Rajni_kant'
- Big B to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Why did Kajol decide to marry Ajay Devgn?
- Chunky Pandey excited about his new project
- Akshay starts 'Jolly LLB 2' journey from Lucknow
- Ranbir Kapoor willing to play homosexual on screen
- Captured: Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani on Secret Holiday
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic smartphone-maker Intex technologies on Wednesday announced its partnership with R