- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Rio Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu defeated Dinar Dyah Ayustine of Indonesia to adva
PM lays foundation stone of Kishangarh airport Last Updated : 25 Sep 2013 05:15:34 PM IST Manmohan Singh addressing public after laying foundation stone of Kishangarh airport
In the backdrop of communal strife in Muzaffarnagar, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked people to maintain peaceful relations and respect all religions and ideologies.
The PM was in Kishangarh, Rajasthan, to lay foundation stone for the development of an airport, which is scheduled to get operational by 2016.
"No one is benefited by thoughts and works of hate and violence. Relations among communities, religions and people have been cordial in our country and the only way before us is to follow these great traditions," the Prime Minister said at the a public function around 20 kms from Ajmer.
He also invoked Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti, saying that his teachings are relevant today at a time when some parts of the country are facing communal tension.
"Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti presents a fine example of communal harmony and peace. People from all religion visit dargah to seek blessings and I believe that what we learn from the holy?dargah is very significant today when some parts of the country are facing communal tension," Singh said.
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, Union Minister Sachin Pilot, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were also present at the function.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where at one side it was late actor Vinod Khanna's funeral on the other side actress Priya
- Indian short film to be screened by Unesco in Indonesia
- Deepika shot title track of 'Raabta' in one night
- 'Baahubali 2': Hype by makers, expectations by fans touch new highs
- Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis to again work with Shyamalan
- Sharing screen with Salman will be surreal: Angad Bedi
- Parineeti doesn't need auto tune for singing
- Shraddha Kapoor 'honoured' to play Saina Nehwal in biopic
- 'Jolly LLB 2': HC exempts Akshay Kumar from personal appearance in court
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Chinese smartphone-maker Huawei, under its Honor brand, is rumoured to launch "Honor 8 Lit