- Tips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
India produced a superb comeback to defeat Pakistan 3-2 in their third round robin match a
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel