- 'Bahubali' enters Rs 500 crore clubAishwarya Rai walks the ramp for Manish MalhotraArpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?Top five Dancing Divas of Bollywood12-yr-old Nicole Barr is as intelligent as Albert Eintein and Stephen HawkingFloods create a havoc in Kolkata, in picsMumbai costliest city for travellersBeyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav Gangwani
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A photo of singer Bobbi Kristina Brown's body from her funeral has reportedly been sold fo
- SRK 'thanks' MCA for lifting ban
- A musical tribute to Kishore Kumar
- Sooraj in Ajay Devgn's next?
- 'Bahubali' enters Rs 500 crore club
- Aishwarya Rai walks the ramp for Manish Malhotra
- Arpita Khan's birthday at Barcelona, will Salman go?
- Dhak Dhak girl launches her latest venture Madz
- Why Hrithik Roshan praised Freida Pinto so much?
12-year-old UK girl gets highest IQ test score of 162
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that