- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
Tennis fans in the country have much to rejoice for as Sania Mirza's journey to the numer
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has been honoured with the Best Actor Award at the 63rd Nat
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
- Randeep chained himself for 'Sarbjit'
- Want my fan base to increase in South: Huma
- See what Bips made Karan do post wedding
- FIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio joins advisory board of Ecuador
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
There are nearly one trillion species on the Earth while 99.999 percent of species still r
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind