- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira RajputPriyanka Chopra looks terrifically hot in this love making sceneMistakes in Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsKapil Dev conferred with International Lifetime Achievement AwardMumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's reception
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The other day we heard that superstar Salman Khan is no more a part of Karan Johar's mega
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
- Aishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani's residence
- Sameera Reddy blessed with a Baby Boy
- Weapon training is always extremely fun: Rana Daggubati
- Singh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy out
- Longtime Oscars director Marty Pasetta dies at 82
- Shahid's Mother revealed truth behind his marriage with Mira Rajput
- Johnny Depp could face 10 year imprisonment for pet dogs
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and