- 'Shorgul': More noise than substanceOne in eight women infertile in Britain'Befikre' wrap brings Aditya-Rani in one frameRelax your mind by infusing nature in home décorParineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput to romance againShoe care tips for monsoonShah Rukh, Salman enjoy bike ride togetherI have done grocery shopping, cooking, washing clothes, and many similar tasks myself..Vivek loves me unconditionally : Divyanka TripathiAirAsia India's aircraft dedicated to 'Kabali'
Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt has injured himself at the national Olympic trials an
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Star couple Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan will be blessed with their first child t
- Rahman deeply understands me as singer: Hariharan
- Don't care about film awards: Irrfan Khan
- Not afraid of failure, it teaches you a lot: Vicky Kaushal
- SRK reacts to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark
- 'Shorgul': More noise than substance
- Parineeti lends her voice to Spielberg's 'The BFG'
- 'Befikre' wrap brings Aditya-Rani in one frame
- Anushka Sharma's wedding look from 'Sultan' decoded
A man in the US has taken his love for smartness to a whole new level - by marrying it in
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th