- PICS : What\'s all new in F1 2014Sunny Leone: The new copy cat of BollywoodMathura celebrates Lathmaar HoliItinerary of Top actresses of BollywoodGame for some Elephant Massage?Bollywood has gone Sports crazyPICS: Prachi Desai doing catwalk7 most popular food mythsSalman, Aishwarya replaced by Ranveer, DeepikaPICS : What makes Yuvi special
A pathologist who performed an autopsy on Reeva Steenkamp the day after she died told the
Dead lizard in mid-day meal, 76 children fall ill Last Updated : 30 Jul 2013 06:14:37 PM IST Who will check the quality of mid-day meal and who will take responsibility of serving standard food to innocent schoolchildren (File Photo)
In a fresh incident of mid-day meal carelessness a dead lizard was found in a government school in Rajasthan's Bhilwara.
The crisis over mid-day meal is refusing to die. According to a report from Jaipur a lizard was found in the mid-day meal served in a school in Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
The report said that 76 students of a government school in Bhilwara district fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal, District Collector
Onkar Singh said. The lizard was found after this food was sent for examination which was ordered by the Collector.
"The children were rushed to hospitals and given treatment. Their condition is normal and they are likely to be
discharged soon," he said.
The Headmaster of the school, Kailash Garg, and mid-day meal in-charge, Dinesh, were suspended, he said, adding that Additional Block Education Officer Ladu was removed from his post and put under APO (Awaiting Posting Order) status.
Three cooks, who prepared the food, were also removed, he said.
Several incidents have recently been reported of students of government schools falling ill after consuming contaminated mid-day meals in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and some other states.
The children of the higher primary school in Baneda complained of nausea after having the meal.
Much hullabaloo was made after 27 school children had died in a village in Bihar's Chapra district after consuming mid-day meal.
Despite severel incidents of poor quality mid-day meals being served in the schools no lesson seem to have been learnt. This time it was Rajasthan's Bhilwara district where lizard in mid-day meals was found clearly indiating a case of carelessness towards innocent children.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Riding high after the success of much accalaimed Kangana Ranauth starrer "Queen', director
- Alia Bhatt is dating a Delhi guy
- Deepika to play Amitabh's daughter again
- In pics: OMG! Sonam Kapoor shaves her beard
- Amitabh Bachchan ill again
- Sunny Leone kisses Sandhya in Ragini MMS2
- Sunny Leone: The new copy cat of Bollywood
- Katrina: The arm candy of Siddharth Mallya?
- Salman is an important part of my life: Atul
To experience a massage with a difference, tourists are flocking to an elephant camp in Th
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.