- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Sunni Ulemas hails Afzal Guru's hanging Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 12:05:11 AM IST File photo of Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The apex body of Sunni Muslims, All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB) on Sunday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and called upon the community people to differentiate between the progressive and peace loving Indians and hate mongers.
In a Mahapanchayat held with an aim to sensitise the community against the threat of extremists' ideology, the leaders also expressed that protest of film 'Vishwaroopam'was senseless.
"The law has taken its own course in case of Afzal Guru. A terrorist is a terrorist. They see no difference among people when they carry out their inhuman acts and they should not be linked to a religion or community," Maulana Ashraf Ali Kichochawi, general secretary and founder of the board said.
In the event, attended by thousands of muslims from Rajasthan and neighbouring states, he said, there was a need for Muslims to differentiate between peace loving people and extremists.
Kichochawi lashed out at Wahabi/Deobandi school of Islam.
"They are opposed to the very idea of our democratic principles: secularism, freedom of speech and expression, liberty etc. The Wahabism's unwarranted stand and issuing of Fatwas on non-issues is making mockery of us," he said.
He also added that protest on actor Kamal Hassan's recently released movie 'Vishwaroopam' was a futile act by Wahabis groups to draw attention of public at large.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel