- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Sunni Ulemas hails Afzal Guru's hanging Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 12:05:11 AM IST File photo of Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The apex body of Sunni Muslims, All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB) on Sunday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and called upon the community people to differentiate between the progressive and peace loving Indians and hate mongers.
In a Mahapanchayat held with an aim to sensitise the community against the threat of extremists' ideology, the leaders also expressed that protest of film 'Vishwaroopam'was senseless.
"The law has taken its own course in case of Afzal Guru. A terrorist is a terrorist. They see no difference among people when they carry out their inhuman acts and they should not be linked to a religion or community," Maulana Ashraf Ali Kichochawi, general secretary and founder of the board said.
In the event, attended by thousands of muslims from Rajasthan and neighbouring states, he said, there was a need for Muslims to differentiate between peace loving people and extremists.
Kichochawi lashed out at Wahabi/Deobandi school of Islam.
"They are opposed to the very idea of our democratic principles: secularism, freedom of speech and expression, liberty etc. The Wahabism's unwarranted stand and issuing of Fatwas on non-issues is making mockery of us," he said.
He also added that protest on actor Kamal Hassan's recently released movie 'Vishwaroopam' was a futile act by Wahabis groups to draw attention of public at large.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la