- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi filmsIt was Love In Paris for Deepika-RanveerSunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimplesKaran-Bipasha open to working togetherPoster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film out
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
Sunni Ulemas hails Afzal Guru's hanging Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 12:05:11 AM IST File photo of Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The apex body of Sunni Muslims, All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB) on Sunday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and called upon the community people to differentiate between the progressive and peace loving Indians and hate mongers.
In a Mahapanchayat held with an aim to sensitise the community against the threat of extremists' ideology, the leaders also expressed that protest of film 'Vishwaroopam'was senseless.
"The law has taken its own course in case of Afzal Guru. A terrorist is a terrorist. They see no difference among people when they carry out their inhuman acts and they should not be linked to a religion or community," Maulana Ashraf Ali Kichochawi, general secretary and founder of the board said.
In the event, attended by thousands of muslims from Rajasthan and neighbouring states, he said, there was a need for Muslims to differentiate between peace loving people and extremists.
Kichochawi lashed out at Wahabi/Deobandi school of Islam.
"They are opposed to the very idea of our democratic principles: secularism, freedom of speech and expression, liberty etc. The Wahabism's unwarranted stand and issuing of Fatwas on non-issues is making mockery of us," he said.
He also added that protest on actor Kamal Hassan's recently released movie 'Vishwaroopam' was a futile act by Wahabis groups to draw attention of public at large.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Kunaal Roy Kapur, who has shown keen interest in trying his hand at direction, says
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
- Emilia Clarke wants to be first female James Bond
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry