- 'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring'Half Girlfriend' team finishes Cape Town scheduleSedition case filed against actor Ramya for Pakistan is not hell remarkAryan Khan flaunts abs at college party
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Sunni Ulemas hails Afzal Guru's hanging Last Updated : 11 Feb 2013 12:05:11 AM IST File photo of Mohammad Afzal Guru.
The apex body of Sunni Muslims, All India Ulema and Mashaikh Board (AIUMB) on Sunday welcomed the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru and called upon the community people to differentiate between the progressive and peace loving Indians and hate mongers.
In a Mahapanchayat held with an aim to sensitise the community against the threat of extremists' ideology, the leaders also expressed that protest of film 'Vishwaroopam'was senseless.
"The law has taken its own course in case of Afzal Guru. A terrorist is a terrorist. They see no difference among people when they carry out their inhuman acts and they should not be linked to a religion or community," Maulana Ashraf Ali Kichochawi, general secretary and founder of the board said.
In the event, attended by thousands of muslims from Rajasthan and neighbouring states, he said, there was a need for Muslims to differentiate between peace loving people and extremists.
Kichochawi lashed out at Wahabi/Deobandi school of Islam.
"They are opposed to the very idea of our democratic principles: secularism, freedom of speech and expression, liberty etc. The Wahabism's unwarranted stand and issuing of Fatwas on non-issues is making mockery of us," he said.
He also added that protest on actor Kamal Hassan's recently released movie 'Vishwaroopam' was a futile act by Wahabis groups to draw attention of public at large.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Tiger Shroff is the light of this light-hearted take on super-heroism.
- Christoph Waltz in James Cameron's film?
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr