- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniWhy is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years ago
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
FIR filed against author Ashis Nandy Last Updated : 26 Jan 2013 09:00:27 PM IST Renowned sociologist Ashis Nandy speaks at a session 'Republic of Ideas' at Jaipur Literature Festival in Jaipur on Saturday.
Hours after Nandy made the remarks at the ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival, an FIR was lodged with the police against him in Jaipur under Section 506 IPC (criminal intimidation) and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes(Prevention of Atrocities) Act. The FIR was filed by Rajpal Meena, Chairperson of the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch and the matter will be investigated, police said.
"It is a fact that most of the corrupt come from OBCs and Scheduled Castes and now increasingly the Scheduled Tribes," he said participating in a session at the Festival.
Going further, he said, "I will give an example. One of the states with the least amount of corruption is state of West Bengal when the CPI(M) was there. And I must draw attention to the fact that in the last 100 years, nobody from OBC, SC and ST has come anywhere near to power. It is an absolutely clean state."
He was immediately challenged by one of the panelists Ashutosh, a TV journalist.
Ashis Nandy says OBC, SC, ST most corrupt; FIR filed:
"This is the most bizarre statement I have heard. The Brahmins and the upper caste can do away with all the corruption but when a low caste person emulates the same thing it becomes so wrong. Such a statement is not right," he said.
Nandy's comments triggered a storm with BSP chief Mayawati and LJP leader Ram Vilas demanding registration of case under SC/ST Act against Nandy. Mayawati wanted him to be jailed immediately. Congress, BJP, JD(U), CPI as also the SC Commission Chairman P L Punia also condemned the remarks.
While seeking to clarify, Nandy made a flip flop saying he would apologise if he had been misunderstood.
However, when questioned further, he said "I don't apologise at all because I hold it very close to my heart. I was, in fact, supporting the cause of those who are
marginalised and those who are in minority and those who are oppressed. I have spent all my life supporting their causes and will continue doing it."
He said he actually meant that if people from OBC, SC and ST indulge in corruption, it is "corruption indeed" while those from upper caste can go scotfree.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Read to know the real reason behind the delay of Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor starrer Ja
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
- Hema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
- Why is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
- Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?
- Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway station
- PICS:Kim blasts on Kris Jenner
- Video+Pics:Deepika bats for women equality
- Shruti to face cheating Case
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con