- Spanish nanny for Prince GeorgePICS:Jacqueline Fernandez\'s Love DietSonakshi walks for Manish MalhotraAAP leaders wage war on TwitterMadhurima flaunts hot bod in swimsuit, view picsWhen sports falls for politicsB-Town attends Bobby Chawla\'s prayer meetProof: Justin Selena an item againPICS: Holi special photo shootThe sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23
Holders Bayern Munich kept their hopes alive of becoming the first team to retain the Cham
Rajoana not shifted to Delhi: claims Punjab govt Last Updated : 07 Mar 2013 12:51:55 PM IST Rajoana not shifted to Delhi: claims Punjab govt
Punjab police on Thursday dismissed as baseless reports that Balwant Singh Rajoana, on death row for assassination of former Chief Minister Beant Singh in 1995, has been shifted to New Delhi
Additional Director General of Punjab police (Prisons) Rajpal Meena said the claims that Rajoana was secretively shifted to New Delhi last night were "totally baseless and far-away to reality" and the convict was still lodged in Patiala jail.
"The reports regarding shifting of Rajoana are totally baseless and a section of media has mentioned the story of shifting the convict (which) is far from reality," Meena said. Intelligence and jail sources here said Rajoana is lodged in his barrack and went through his daily routine this morning.
The reports came amid demands for early execution of other convicts on death row, including the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh, after 26/11 Mumbai attack terrorist Ajmal Kasab and Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru were hanged.
Rajya Sabha was informed yesterday that constitutional review petitions of nine death row prisoners, including Rajoana, are currently pending with the government. Rajoana had appeared before the court on March 2 through video conferencing and court had fixed March 16 as the next date of hearing in connection with an Arms Act case registered in Sadar police station here.
Due to security concerns, Patiala central jail authorities have used video conferencing mode to produce Rajoana before court, officials said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
TV actress and former "Bigg Boss" contestant Pratyusha Banerjee believes Bollywood star Sa
- Jennifer Aniston pregnant again?
- Ayushmann challenges Ranbir, Ranveer
- PICS:Jacqueline Fernandez's Love Diet
- Meera Chopra calls Parineeti ‘Stupid’
- Sonakshi walks for Manish Malhotra
- Madhurima flaunts hot bod in swimsuit, view pics
- Salman Khan’s ‘O Teri’ title song teaser: Watch now
- Katrina Kaif is Arjun Kapoor’s Rakhi sister?
Whether you believe in ghosts and spirits or not, there are people who have had spooky exp
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.