- Varun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fansI love shooting in New York: Priyanka ChopraWhy MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 croreUnseen pics of Sunny DeolWhy SRK said he will miss Anushka SharmaAish oozes oomph sitting on Ranbir Kapoor's lap
National level Kabbadi player Rohit Chillar was arrested from Mumbai on Friday, three days
Eight Maoists surrender in Odisha Last Updated : 14 Aug 2013 04:01:43 PM IST Maoists surrender in Malkangiri, Odisha (File Photo)
Eight Maoists, including three area commanders, surrendered to the police in Odisha's Malkangiri district on Wednesday.
The eight, from remote Chitrakonda area in the district, surrendered here to Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh.
Three of them, brothers Raghu Hantal (24) and Iswar Hantal (23) besides Patra Hantal (28) were militia area commanders, Singh said.
They were being led by Madhab and Chenti of Guma Popular Maoist Dalam since 2009, he said.
The other five were identified as Gangadhar Khara (29), Sarathi Hantal (27), Gobi Khila (32), Chandra Khara (28) and Trinath Hantal (24).
The Maoists, who were responsible for organising meetings, said while surrendering that they decided to return to the mainstream as they were "disillusioned" with their activities.
The eight would be rehabilitated according to the government's policies, the SP added.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh has re-dubbed the "Ishq mubarak" song of forthcoming film "Tum Bin 2"
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
- 5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHM
- Ranveer Singh likely to replace Salman Khan
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
- Mukesh Bhatt meets Rajnath Singh for safe release of 'Ae Dil...'
- Dangal trailer brings back the 'Chak De India' effect
- 'Dear Zindagi' trailer reveals a new SRK
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
Japan's Transport Ministry on Friday said that a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone belongin