- DIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Student bodies threaten economic blockade in Manipur from Thursday night Last Updated : 04 Jul 2013 11:49:27 AM IST Student bodies threaten economic blockade in Manipur from Thursday night
Two student organisations in Manipur on Thursday threatened to launch an indefinite economic blockade of the Imphal-Moreh NH 2 in support of their demand that 7,000 students from hill districts be allowed to appear for the Class X exam.
The economic blockade of national highways in Manipur has been a frequent practice in recent years. It has become a new means of protest for the hill tribes of the state.
The Naga Students Union, Chandel district, and Kuki Students' organisation said in a joint statement that more than 7,000 students had not been allowed to write the examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Manipur in the past two years or so.
They alleged that the BSEM had collected enrolement fees, but failed to issue admit cards on earlier occasions.
Sources in the secondary board revealed that cases were reported that candidates, particularly from interior hill districts, who had studied at various educational institutions in valley districts wanted to write their examinations at the hill districts, but this went against the rules.
The demand of the student organisations has been forwarded to the higher authorities, the sources said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r