- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Student bodies threaten economic blockade in Manipur from Thursday night Last Updated : 04 Jul 2013 11:49:27 AM IST Student bodies threaten economic blockade in Manipur from Thursday night
Two student organisations in Manipur on Thursday threatened to launch an indefinite economic blockade of the Imphal-Moreh NH 2 in support of their demand that 7,000 students from hill districts be allowed to appear for the Class X exam.
The economic blockade of national highways in Manipur has been a frequent practice in recent years. It has become a new means of protest for the hill tribes of the state.
The Naga Students Union, Chandel district, and Kuki Students' organisation said in a joint statement that more than 7,000 students had not been allowed to write the examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Manipur in the past two years or so.
They alleged that the BSEM had collected enrolement fees, but failed to issue admit cards on earlier occasions.
Sources in the secondary board revealed that cases were reported that candidates, particularly from interior hill districts, who had studied at various educational institutions in valley districts wanted to write their examinations at the hill districts, but this went against the rules.
The demand of the student organisations has been forwarded to the higher authorities, the sources said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major