- Sunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'Cold continues in north IndiaApp for Surajkund Mela soon
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Cop assault case: Maharashtra panel revokes suspension of three MLAs Last Updated : 18 Apr 2013 02:14:47 PM IST File Photo
In a shocking decision, a Maharashtra government-appointed committee has recommended revoke suspension of three MLAs and initiate departmental inquiry against thrashed traffic police Sachin Suryavanshi.
The report which was submitted to the Speaker on Tuesday, said that the assault was not as serious as discussed.
"The assault on ASI Sachin Suryavanshi was not as serious as reported."
The panel recommended revocation of three MLAs in monsoon session but held two others guilty. The panel also suggested a departmental inquiry against Suryvanshi after putting his services on suspension.
Earlier, a Maharashtra government-appointed committee, which probed the assault on a traffic police officer by a group of legislators inside the assembly premises in Mumbai last month, on Tuesday submitted its report to the Speaker.
The committee, headed by Ganpatrao Deshmukh, a veteran MLA of Peasants and Workers Party (PWP), comprised the entire panel of presiding officers belonging to different parties. The seven-member panel submitted its report to Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil.
As part of the inquiry, the committee recorded the statements of Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Suryavanshi, who was assaulted, all five legislators allegedly involved in the incident, doctors who treated the injured cop, police and assembly staff.
Two of the five legislators - Kshitij Thakur (Bahujan Vikas Agadhi) and Ram Kadam (MNS) - were arrested in connection with the incident and later released on bail by a local court. Suryavanshi, attached to the Worli police station, was beaten black and blue by the MLAs outside the visitors gallery at the legislature complex on March 19, a day after he had stopped Thakur's vehicle on Bandra-Worli Sea Link for speeding and slapped a fine.
Though the legislator paid the fine, there was an altercation between the two when the MLA sought to know the sections of traffic rules under which he was booked. All five MLAs were suspended from Assembly for the rest of the year and barred from entering the Vidhan Bhavan premises in Mumbai and Nagpur (where winter session is held).
Besides Thakur and Kadam, the other MLAs allegedly involved in the attack were Jaykumar Rawal (BJP), Rajan Salvi (Shiv Sena) and Pradeep Jaiswal (Independent).
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As many as 100 men dined and wined with actress and adult star Sunny Leone.
- Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
- 'Byomkesh Bakshi' gets a new spelling in Bollywood
- 'Dolly Ki...' will take Sonam's career to new heights: Arbaaz
- Aamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir's PK success bash
- First motion poster of 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi'
- Ten hot scenes of 2014
- Stars at Dino Morea's bash
- Will Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer