- Shruti Haasan beats exboyfriend Siddharth, Dhanush and RajinikanthFunny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in BhojpuriSewai is special on EidHow Priyanka Chopra became Mary KomTen things you did not know about DhanushLittle known facts about Bollywood actress Huma QureshiPICS:Jaguar XE sedan launch on Sept 8Sanjay Dutt\'s love affairs and controversiesJohnny Walker- From Bus conductor to King of ComedySanjay Dutt\'s memorable roles
Writhing in pain, young Vikas Thakur produced the lift of his lifetime to clinch the bron
Cop assault case: Maharashtra panel revokes suspension of three MLAs Last Updated : 18 Apr 2013 02:14:47 PM IST File Photo
In a shocking decision, a Maharashtra government-appointed committee has recommended revoke suspension of three MLAs and initiate departmental inquiry against thrashed traffic police Sachin Suryavanshi.
The report which was submitted to the Speaker on Tuesday, said that the assault was not as serious as discussed.
"The assault on ASI Sachin Suryavanshi was not as serious as reported."
The panel recommended revocation of three MLAs in monsoon session but held two others guilty. The panel also suggested a departmental inquiry against Suryvanshi after putting his services on suspension.
Earlier, a Maharashtra government-appointed committee, which probed the assault on a traffic police officer by a group of legislators inside the assembly premises in Mumbai last month, on Tuesday submitted its report to the Speaker.
The committee, headed by Ganpatrao Deshmukh, a veteran MLA of Peasants and Workers Party (PWP), comprised the entire panel of presiding officers belonging to different parties. The seven-member panel submitted its report to Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse Patil.
As part of the inquiry, the committee recorded the statements of Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Suryavanshi, who was assaulted, all five legislators allegedly involved in the incident, doctors who treated the injured cop, police and assembly staff.
Two of the five legislators - Kshitij Thakur (Bahujan Vikas Agadhi) and Ram Kadam (MNS) - were arrested in connection with the incident and later released on bail by a local court. Suryavanshi, attached to the Worli police station, was beaten black and blue by the MLAs outside the visitors gallery at the legislature complex on March 19, a day after he had stopped Thakur's vehicle on Bandra-Worli Sea Link for speeding and slapped a fine.
Though the legislator paid the fine, there was an altercation between the two when the MLA sought to know the sections of traffic rules under which he was booked. All five MLAs were suspended from Assembly for the rest of the year and barred from entering the Vidhan Bhavan premises in Mumbai and Nagpur (where winter session is held).
Besides Thakur and Kadam, the other MLAs allegedly involved in the attack were Jaykumar Rawal (BJP), Rajan Salvi (Shiv Sena) and Pradeep Jaiswal (Independent).
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hot south beauty Shruti Haasan is in news again. No, this time it is not for another contr
- Funny video of Baby Doll Sunny Leone in Bhojpuri
- How Priyanka Chopra became Mary Kom
- Ten things you did not know about Dhanush
- Little known facts about Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi
- Sanjay Dutt's love affairs and controversies
- Johnny Walker- From Bus conductor to King of Comedy
- Sanjay Dutt's memorable roles
- Yo Yo Honey Singh's sexy selfie with Kareena Kapoor
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar