- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Dope-tainted wrestler Narsingh Yadav's fate will be decided on Thursday as the National An
Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest Last Updated : 12 Apr 2013 09:35:23 AM IST Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest
Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her said Banerjee had undergone several investigations and MRI and CT scan reports were expected on Friday.
A six-member medical team under orthopadician Dr S Das has been looking after health.She had problems on her left knee and was suffering from pain, for which she was given medicines and sedatives.
Doctors at the premier Belle Vue clinic, where Banerjee is undergoing treatment, said she had pain in her shoulder and waist and was under close surveillance with an advice not to do any official work for the time being.
The Chief Minister was admitted with complaints of palpitation, breathing trouble and acute joint pain in shoulder and waist shortly after her return from Delhi yesterday.
"She is stable but under continuous monitoring by doctors. She was administered oxygen last night as per requirement. Her pulse rate is low and palpitation is there," Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her, told reporters.
Doctor said she had some problems in her waist which would be cured by physiotherapy. Clinic chief executive officer P K Tondon said the chief minister was resting and her condition was stable. But she was under close monitoring.
Tondon said some tests including MRI, CT scan and blood examinations had been done and some more tests were likely to be carried out.
Before leaving for Kolkata, she was examined on Tuesday by doctors at the AIIMS in Delhi who advised her to get admitted for observation.
The Chief Minister was obstructed from entering Yojna Bhavan building in New Delhi on Tuesday by SFI activists during an agitation and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra was heckled.
Banerjee subsequently took ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.She cancelled her meeting with the Prime Minister and another with Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and left for Kolkata.
Governor M K Narayanan visited the clinic to see the ailing Chief Minister and later said she was recuperating.
Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who also met her, said, "She has breathing trouble while talking. She also has pain in shoulder and chest and has difficulty in movement."
Nine medical investigations have been carried out and six more would follow, he said. CPI(M) wished Banerjee speedy recovery to tackle "attacks on Marxist party offices and workers and vandalism in Presidency University."
"We wish speedy recovery of the Chief Minister since her presence at the state secretariat at this juncture to control her party-sponsored vandalism is urgently required in the inte rest of the state," CPI(M) central committee member Md Salim told reporters.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood curvaceous beauty Huma Qureshi turned 30-year-old on 28 July, 2016. Here are som
- Sidharth, Katrina's 'Kala Chashma' a hit on YouTube
- Signed 'Hera Pheri' 3 last year, still clueless when it'll begin: Ankita Shorey
- Konkona released 'A Death In The Gunj' trailer
- Big B celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Kriti, Sushant excited for last schedule of 'Raabta'
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an