- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest Last Updated : 12 Apr 2013 09:35:23 AM IST Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest
Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her said Banerjee had undergone several investigations and MRI and CT scan reports were expected on Friday.
A six-member medical team under orthopadician Dr S Das has been looking after health.She had problems on her left knee and was suffering from pain, for which she was given medicines and sedatives.
Doctors at the premier Belle Vue clinic, where Banerjee is undergoing treatment, said she had pain in her shoulder and waist and was under close surveillance with an advice not to do any official work for the time being.
The Chief Minister was admitted with complaints of palpitation, breathing trouble and acute joint pain in shoulder and waist shortly after her return from Delhi yesterday.
"She is stable but under continuous monitoring by doctors. She was administered oxygen last night as per requirement. Her pulse rate is low and palpitation is there," Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her, told reporters.
Doctor said she had some problems in her waist which would be cured by physiotherapy. Clinic chief executive officer P K Tondon said the chief minister was resting and her condition was stable. But she was under close monitoring.
Tondon said some tests including MRI, CT scan and blood examinations had been done and some more tests were likely to be carried out.
Before leaving for Kolkata, she was examined on Tuesday by doctors at the AIIMS in Delhi who advised her to get admitted for observation.
The Chief Minister was obstructed from entering Yojna Bhavan building in New Delhi on Tuesday by SFI activists during an agitation and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra was heckled.
Banerjee subsequently took ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.She cancelled her meeting with the Prime Minister and another with Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and left for Kolkata.
Governor M K Narayanan visited the clinic to see the ailing Chief Minister and later said she was recuperating.
Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who also met her, said, "She has breathing trouble while talking. She also has pain in shoulder and chest and has difficulty in movement."
Nine medical investigations have been carried out and six more would follow, he said. CPI(M) wished Banerjee speedy recovery to tackle "attacks on Marxist party offices and workers and vandalism in Presidency University."
"We wish speedy recovery of the Chief Minister since her presence at the state secretariat at this juncture to control her party-sponsored vandalism is urgently required in the inte rest of the state," CPI(M) central committee member Md Salim told reporters.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country