- Chillai Kalan ends in KashmirAmrita Arora Style Diva of Dilli Ki SardiBollywood\'s dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next releaseJohnny Depp to wed fiancee AmberShruti Haasan\'s Latest Fashion Spread For FilmfareWho’s Trying to Sabotage Arjun Rampal’s RoyDiets of Bollywood starBebo, Saif enjoy with friends in GoaCollege girl challenges Honey Singh
American top seed Serena Williams won her sixth Australian Open in Melbourne on Saturday.
Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest Last Updated : 12 Apr 2013 09:35:23 AM IST Mamata Banerjee's condition stable, advised total rest
Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her said Banerjee had undergone several investigations and MRI and CT scan reports were expected on Friday.
A six-member medical team under orthopadician Dr S Das has been looking after health.She had problems on her left knee and was suffering from pain, for which she was given medicines and sedatives.
Doctors at the premier Belle Vue clinic, where Banerjee is undergoing treatment, said she had pain in her shoulder and waist and was under close surveillance with an advice not to do any official work for the time being.
The Chief Minister was admitted with complaints of palpitation, breathing trouble and acute joint pain in shoulder and waist shortly after her return from Delhi yesterday.
"She is stable but under continuous monitoring by doctors. She was administered oxygen last night as per requirement. Her pulse rate is low and palpitation is there," Dr Subroto Moitra, head of the 10-member medical team attending her, told reporters.
Doctor said she had some problems in her waist which would be cured by physiotherapy. Clinic chief executive officer P K Tondon said the chief minister was resting and her condition was stable. But she was under close monitoring.
Tondon said some tests including MRI, CT scan and blood examinations had been done and some more tests were likely to be carried out.
Before leaving for Kolkata, she was examined on Tuesday by doctors at the AIIMS in Delhi who advised her to get admitted for observation.
The Chief Minister was obstructed from entering Yojna Bhavan building in New Delhi on Tuesday by SFI activists during an agitation and her Finance Minister Amit Mitra was heckled.
Banerjee subsequently took ill and was administered oxygen while Mitra was put under observation at AIIMS.She cancelled her meeting with the Prime Minister and another with Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and left for Kolkata.
Governor M K Narayanan visited the clinic to see the ailing Chief Minister and later said she was recuperating.
Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who also met her, said, "She has breathing trouble while talking. She also has pain in shoulder and chest and has difficulty in movement."
Nine medical investigations have been carried out and six more would follow, he said. CPI(M) wished Banerjee speedy recovery to tackle "attacks on Marxist party offices and workers and vandalism in Presidency University."
"We wish speedy recovery of the Chief Minister since her presence at the state secretariat at this juncture to control her party-sponsored vandalism is urgently required in the inte rest of the state," CPI(M) central committee member Md Salim told reporters.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Maliaka Arora's sister Amrita Arora who got instant fame after her item song Dilli Ki Sar
- Bollywood's dimpled beauty Preity Zinta turns 39
- Vidya Balan as Benazir Bhutto in her next release
- PICS: Johnny Depp to wed fiancee in his private yacht
- China's first Tibetan language film released in Tibet
- Watch Video:Game of Thrones' season 5 official trailer out
- Aamir Khan's new look in 'Dangal'
- Shruti Haasan's Latest Fashion Spread For Filmfare
- Who’s Trying to Sabotage Arjun Rampal’s Roy
Thousands of live cats destined "for consumption" have been seized in Hanoi.
test ad galery 3