- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
The Indian women's hockey team lost 0-2 in their opening encounter of the five-match Test
Sting Operation:36 Mumbai cops caught in camera accepting 'bribes', suspended Last Updated : 11 Apr 2013 10:11:10 AM IST Sting Operation:36 cops caught in camera while accepting bribe in Mumbai
Infamously,bribes are considered to be common in police department and it was exposed in Mumbai when 36 cops were caught allegedly accepting bribe from a single man .
Incidentally, the sting operation was caught in a spy camera was installed by the victim himself.An IAS aspirant has conducted a sting operation by constructing an unauthorised house in Chembur area of Mumbai .
Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has ordered suspension of 32 policemen after an activist caught them on camera allegedly accepting bribes to turn a blind eye to an illegal structure.The suspension order was issued after state home minister R R Patil ordered the Mumbai police commissioner to take immediate action in the case.
The policemen are from the Nehru Nagar police station in suburban Kurla.
The action follows an incriminating video that activist Kasim Shaikh had recorded at different periods between March 9 and March 26.
Though most of the suspended cops are constables, but those ranked above from the sub-inspector to inspector level have also faced action.
The suspended cops are attached to Nehru Nagar police station.
The 20-year-old was constructing the house in an unauthorised area and policemen came to him for bribe so that they can allow him to construct illegal house.Around 95 policemen of various ranks who came to him asking for bribe for themselves & their superiors so that he could be allowed to construct the house.
The IAS aspirant shot 25 video CDs for evidences and now the CDs has been handed with his complaint to the Lokayukta of Maharashtra. His illegal house was demolished soon after the Mumbra tragedy.
This incident has exposed the rampant corruption in the Mumbai police department .
The police personnel, right from the rank of police constables to assistant sub-inspectors, were suspended late on Wednesday after recorded footage showed them accepting money .
Another surprising point is that a night shift cop asked for a separate stake of bribery while a day shift cop demanded separate one for the illegal construction in the area.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind