- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Sting Operation:36 Mumbai cops caught in camera accepting 'bribes', suspended Last Updated : 11 Apr 2013 10:11:10 AM IST Sting Operation:36 cops caught in camera while accepting bribe in Mumbai
Infamously,bribes are considered to be common in police department and it was exposed in Mumbai when 36 cops were caught allegedly accepting bribe from a single man .
Incidentally, the sting operation was caught in a spy camera was installed by the victim himself.An IAS aspirant has conducted a sting operation by constructing an unauthorised house in Chembur area of Mumbai .
Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has ordered suspension of 32 policemen after an activist caught them on camera allegedly accepting bribes to turn a blind eye to an illegal structure.The suspension order was issued after state home minister R R Patil ordered the Mumbai police commissioner to take immediate action in the case.
The policemen are from the Nehru Nagar police station in suburban Kurla.
The action follows an incriminating video that activist Kasim Shaikh had recorded at different periods between March 9 and March 26.
Though most of the suspended cops are constables, but those ranked above from the sub-inspector to inspector level have also faced action.
The suspended cops are attached to Nehru Nagar police station.
The 20-year-old was constructing the house in an unauthorised area and policemen came to him for bribe so that they can allow him to construct illegal house.Around 95 policemen of various ranks who came to him asking for bribe for themselves & their superiors so that he could be allowed to construct the house.
The IAS aspirant shot 25 video CDs for evidences and now the CDs has been handed with his complaint to the Lokayukta of Maharashtra. His illegal house was demolished soon after the Mumbra tragedy.
This incident has exposed the rampant corruption in the Mumbai police department .
The police personnel, right from the rank of police constables to assistant sub-inspectors, were suspended late on Wednesday after recorded footage showed them accepting money .
Another surprising point is that a night shift cop asked for a separate stake of bribery while a day shift cop demanded separate one for the illegal construction in the area.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country