- Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoonNo aaj ki party song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
Arvind Kejriwal lambasts Goa's Lokayukta Act Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 08:44:43 AM IST File photo: Aam Admi Party (AAP) founder Arvind Kejriwal
Aam Admi Party (AAP) founder Arvind Kejriwal on Friday lambasted the recently amended Goa Lokayukta Act ' title=' Goa Lokayukta Act '>Goa Lokayukta Act alleging that chief minister Manohar Parrikar was "trying to protect corrupt people."
"Parrikar is said to be an honest person. Then why is he trying to protect corrupt people," he observed while talking to reporters inPanaji on Friday.
"Manohar Parrikar is said to be an honest person. Why is he doing this? Why is he trying to protect corrupt people? What are the pressures on him? Is he giving a message that development is linked to corruption," Kejriwal asked.
The anti-graft crusader appealed people of Goa to reject the act, which he alleged was amended to help the corrupt people go scot-free.
A clause in the act that chief minister or minister "may resign" if found guilty by Lokayukta has met with strong opposition from India Against Corruption activists.
Another clause that has upset IAC is that if the Lokayukta recommendations are not accepted by the government in three months, it would amount to be deemed rejection.
Kejriwal called it as "a first in history".
"If the Goa government does not accept the decision of the Lokayukta in three months, then it would be deemed to have been rejected. Anywhere else, it would be a case of being deemed to have been accepted," he observed.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Aamir Khan is collaborating with Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman for his next
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
- Nargis Fakhri to play Sangeeta Bijlani in biopic 'Azhar'
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe