- Actress Karthik has narrow escapeCongrats! Rohit Sharma gets engaged to best friendUnknown facts of Sunny LeoneWomen gets intimate at bed timePICS:Solar plane to cross Pacific in 5 days, 5 nightsSexy Priyanka shares her style secret!Hero’s fuel economy claim is misleading: HondaRekha is still young in her mind and approachTime to take my experience back to Pakistan: Ali ZafarWilliam and Kate back home with Britain\'s new princess
Sim Bhullar, the seven-footer who became the first Indian-origin hoopster to play in the g
Arvind Kejriwal lambasts Goa's Lokayukta Act Last Updated : 09 Feb 2013 08:44:43 AM IST File photo: Aam Admi Party (AAP) founder Arvind Kejriwal
Aam Admi Party (AAP) founder Arvind Kejriwal on Friday lambasted the recently amended Goa Lokayukta Act ' title=' Goa Lokayukta Act '>Goa Lokayukta Act alleging that chief minister Manohar Parrikar was "trying to protect corrupt people."
"Parrikar is said to be an honest person. Then why is he trying to protect corrupt people," he observed while talking to reporters inPanaji on Friday.
"Manohar Parrikar is said to be an honest person. Why is he doing this? Why is he trying to protect corrupt people? What are the pressures on him? Is he giving a message that development is linked to corruption," Kejriwal asked.
The anti-graft crusader appealed people of Goa to reject the act, which he alleged was amended to help the corrupt people go scot-free.
A clause in the act that chief minister or minister "may resign" if found guilty by Lokayukta has met with strong opposition from India Against Corruption activists.
Another clause that has upset IAC is that if the Lokayukta recommendations are not accepted by the government in three months, it would amount to be deemed rejection.
Kejriwal called it as "a first in history".
"If the Goa government does not accept the decision of the Lokayukta in three months, then it would be deemed to have been rejected. Anywhere else, it would be a case of being deemed to have been accepted," he observed.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Tamil movie actress Karthik Srinivasan faced a narrow escape.
- Kangana gives miss to traditional outfit
- Unknown facts of Sunny Leone
- Ranveer explains his hospital selfie
- Strange! Ali Zafar to quit Hindi movies
- Sexy Priyanka shares her style secret!
- 'Aloha' gets new trailer
- Rekha is still young in her mind and approach
- Time to take my experience back to Pakistan: Ali Zafar
Waste tyres can be a great environmental concern but a professor at a Japanese university
The Haryana government launched seven e-services and software applications in a measure to