- Propose Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesAditya-Shraddha back togetherKatrina gets truck full of roses as giftAditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun TahilianiKatrina caught with Aditya at Janpath MarketShilpa Shetty to flaunt yoga movesKatrina happy to be going strongRose Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika-Diesel will make Ranveer jealous
The Indian compound archery team and the mixed pair claimed three gold medals in the morni
I enjoy majority, says Jagadish Shettar Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:55:39 PM IST File Photo
Buffeted by threats of instability to his government by 13 rebel MLAs, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Friday told Governor H R Bhardwaj he still commanded majority and hinted he has not been asked by him to prove it.
"I told the governor that there is no threat to my government as I enjoy majority," Shettar told reporters here after meeting Bhardwaj who earlier hinted that he may ask the chief minister to demonstrate his strength in the assembly.
Asked whether the governor told him to prove his majority, Shettar said the issue did not come up for discussion.
But Bhardwaj brought to his notice that 13 BJP MLAs had informed him about the "absence" of the Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah when they went to him to submit their resignations from assembly membership, he added.
Shettar said he met the governor to convey the Cabinet decision to invite him to address the joint session of the legislature on February 4. "He has agreed to address the joint session."
Prior to the meeting, Bhardwaj told reporters, "I have already summoned the assembly on February 4 and if I feel that this government has come into minority, then I will order him (Shettar) to prove his majority at the first instance before transacting any business."
Pushing the government into a crisis, the 13 MLAs loyal to Karnataka Janata Party chief and former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa had gone in a delegation on Wednesday to meet Bopaiah to submit their resignation from assembly membership but in vain as he was not in station. Enraged by this, they had submitted copies of their resignation letters to Bhardwaj.
The governor said he has received letters (copies) from Yeddyurappa and also the MLAs.
"In the meantime, I have dictated my orders that this is a split in the political party of the BJP. So you study the relative strength of the party in the assembly. But assembly records were not with me. Therefore I summoned the records. So I will see what is the strength."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan is teaming up with "Vicky Donor" actress Yami Gautam for San
- Aditya-Shraddha back together
- Coast Guard to induct 38 more aircraft by 2020
- Katrina gets truck full of roses as gift
- Aditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'
- Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun Tahiliani
- Katrina caught with Aditya at Janpath Market
- Katrina Kaif spending V-day with Ranbir Kapoor?
- Michael Moore in ICU with pneumonia
A woman gave birth to quadruplets at a private nursing home here today, doctors attending
Taiwanese manufacturer HTC on Friday launched a new 4G-enabled smartphone, called the Desi