- unseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view picsSunny Leone\'s unbuttoned picsBollywood celebs cast votesPeerless Sachin Tendulkar now 41Obese virgin loses weight after sex accidentIPL misses Lalit ModiAfter Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?Priyanka as saviour for Congress!list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
I enjoy majority, says Jagadish Shettar Last Updated : 25 Jan 2013 05:55:39 PM IST File Photo
Buffeted by threats of instability to his government by 13 rebel MLAs, Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Friday told Governor H R Bhardwaj he still commanded majority and hinted he has not been asked by him to prove it.
"I told the governor that there is no threat to my government as I enjoy majority," Shettar told reporters here after meeting Bhardwaj who earlier hinted that he may ask the chief minister to demonstrate his strength in the assembly.
Asked whether the governor told him to prove his majority, Shettar said the issue did not come up for discussion.
But Bhardwaj brought to his notice that 13 BJP MLAs had informed him about the "absence" of the Assembly Speaker K G Bopaiah when they went to him to submit their resignations from assembly membership, he added.
Shettar said he met the governor to convey the Cabinet decision to invite him to address the joint session of the legislature on February 4. "He has agreed to address the joint session."
Prior to the meeting, Bhardwaj told reporters, "I have already summoned the assembly on February 4 and if I feel that this government has come into minority, then I will order him (Shettar) to prove his majority at the first instance before transacting any business."
Pushing the government into a crisis, the 13 MLAs loyal to Karnataka Janata Party chief and former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa had gone in a delegation on Wednesday to meet Bopaiah to submit their resignation from assembly membership but in vain as he was not in station. Enraged by this, they had submitted copies of their resignation letters to Bhardwaj.
The governor said he has received letters (copies) from Yeddyurappa and also the MLAs.
"In the meantime, I have dictated my orders that this is a split in the political party of the BJP. So you study the relative strength of the party in the assembly. But assembly records were not with me. Therefore I summoned the records. So I will see what is the strength."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Now it is official that actress Rani Mukerji is no more single after her secret wedding wi
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
- Sunny Leone's unbuttoned pics
- Bollywood celebs cast votes
- Justin Bieber apologises for Japan war shrine trip
- Watch Ranbir-Deepika's 'Tamasha'
- After Rani-Aditya now Uday, Nargis getting married?
- list of Upcoming Bollywood movies in May 2014
- Ranveer Singh endorsing safe sex, watch now
Gregg Casarona used to be an obese virgin who had a very embarrassing first ever sex exper
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood