- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
Four youths held for kidnapping minor girl Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 01:51:39 PM IST File photo
The 14-year-old girl who was abducted and confined to an abandoned house at Sapanpur under Jajpur municipal town limits was rescued by the police on Sunday.
The youths aged around 20 years were arrested from the spot, they said.
While the principal accused, Raghunath Behera alias Dipu, managed to escape, those arrested were identified as Kharavela Rout of Sanabazar, Debiprasad Samal of Sanabazar, Manas Bhattacharya of Ambikai and Chiranjit Rout of Srirampur.
While Kharavela and Debiprasad are engineering students, Manas and Chiranjit are studying in a private ITI.
According to the FIR filed with Jajpur town police by the father of the girl, his minor daughter was a class nine student. She had been attending Scout and Guides camp being held in Zilla School premises in the town and was expected to return home by 2 pm on Saturday.
When she failed to return home by 3 pm, the complainant got worried and went in search of her.
Neither did he find her in the camp at Zilla School nor at her school. The FIR was lodged after the father got information that the girl was possibly confined at an abandoned building, police said.
"We cordoned off the area and arrested all the four youths who were on roof top of the building. We rescued the girl who was confined to a room of the abandoned house after breaking its lock. But, the principal accused managed to flee and efforts are on to nab him," Jajpur Superintendent of Police, Deepak Kumar, said.
"We have recorded the statement of the minor girl and conducted her medical examination at the district head quarters hospital", he said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry