- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Four youths held for kidnapping minor girl Last Updated : 14 Jan 2013 01:51:39 PM IST File photo
The 14-year-old girl who was abducted and confined to an abandoned house at Sapanpur under Jajpur municipal town limits was rescued by the police on Sunday.
The youths aged around 20 years were arrested from the spot, they said.
While the principal accused, Raghunath Behera alias Dipu, managed to escape, those arrested were identified as Kharavela Rout of Sanabazar, Debiprasad Samal of Sanabazar, Manas Bhattacharya of Ambikai and Chiranjit Rout of Srirampur.
While Kharavela and Debiprasad are engineering students, Manas and Chiranjit are studying in a private ITI.
According to the FIR filed with Jajpur town police by the father of the girl, his minor daughter was a class nine student. She had been attending Scout and Guides camp being held in Zilla School premises in the town and was expected to return home by 2 pm on Saturday.
When she failed to return home by 3 pm, the complainant got worried and went in search of her.
Neither did he find her in the camp at Zilla School nor at her school. The FIR was lodged after the father got information that the girl was possibly confined at an abandoned building, police said.
"We cordoned off the area and arrested all the four youths who were on roof top of the building. We rescued the girl who was confined to a room of the abandoned house after breaking its lock. But, the principal accused managed to flee and efforts are on to nab him," Jajpur Superintendent of Police, Deepak Kumar, said.
"We have recorded the statement of the minor girl and conducted her medical examination at the district head quarters hospital", he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Yeon Sang-Ho's "Train To Busan" isn't a just mindless, zombie horror film. In fac
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra lauds Aamir Khan for 'Dangal'
- 'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
- Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel