- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-RanveerSunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimplesKaran-Bipasha open to working togetherPoster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film outTom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movie
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
Man from Pune held for making obscene calls to Pooja Bhatt Last Updated : 12 Jan 2013 08:40:23 PM IST File Photo
The accused identified as Ashish Swarnakar(28), who hails from Latur district, was picked up from Pune, police said adding that the motive behind making the calls was still being ascertained but preliminary probe suggested that he wanted to harass the actress.
According to police, Swarnakar managed to get the mobile phone numbers of Bhatt and her film maker father Mahesh Bhatt from his neighbour Dhruv, who is a music composer.
On Wednesday, Pooja Bhatt had lodged a complaint with Bandra police station stating that she was receiving obscene and threatening calls from an unidentified person.
The caller had rung up Mahesh Bhatt as well but he did not attend the calls as his phone was on silent mode, police said.
As cops were trying to track the mobile number from which the threatening calls were made, the accused kept changing the locations and switched off his phone many times, making it difficult for investigators to trace his location, Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said.
Police said that they would be checking whether Swarnakar, who has no past criminal record, had made similar calls to any other celebrities.
Swarnakar made three calls on Pooja's mobile phone but did not make any monetary demand or try to extort money from the complainant and has no connection with the family or their movie business, police said.
Swarnakar, who has been booked under section 507 (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture or act to outrage the modesty of a woman) of IPC, was produced in the court on Saturday which remanded him to judicial custody.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T