- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Man from Pune held for making obscene calls to Pooja Bhatt Last Updated : 12 Jan 2013 08:40:23 PM IST File Photo
The accused identified as Ashish Swarnakar(28), who hails from Latur district, was picked up from Pune, police said adding that the motive behind making the calls was still being ascertained but preliminary probe suggested that he wanted to harass the actress.
According to police, Swarnakar managed to get the mobile phone numbers of Bhatt and her film maker father Mahesh Bhatt from his neighbour Dhruv, who is a music composer.
On Wednesday, Pooja Bhatt had lodged a complaint with Bandra police station stating that she was receiving obscene and threatening calls from an unidentified person.
The caller had rung up Mahesh Bhatt as well but he did not attend the calls as his phone was on silent mode, police said.
As cops were trying to track the mobile number from which the threatening calls were made, the accused kept changing the locations and switched off his phone many times, making it difficult for investigators to trace his location, Deputy Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar said.
Police said that they would be checking whether Swarnakar, who has no past criminal record, had made similar calls to any other celebrities.
Swarnakar made three calls on Pooja's mobile phone but did not make any monetary demand or try to extort money from the complainant and has no connection with the family or their movie business, police said.
Swarnakar, who has been booked under section 507 (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture or act to outrage the modesty of a woman) of IPC, was produced in the court on Saturday which remanded him to judicial custody.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch