- Chris Gayle's wild sideGauahar meets Kushal Tandon\'s parentsThis is why Aamir went nude for PKRekha challenges Shah Rukh Khan openlyLFW Winter Festive 2014OMG! Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are divorcingSalman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?When Sonakshi was ugly duckling!PICS: Favourite destination Chennai turns 375!Porn image helps Sunny Leone in Bollywood, see how
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
Three killed in IOC fire Last Updated : 06 Jan 2013 07:41:49 PM IST Three killed in IOC fire
"Body of one more person was recovered this afternoon. While, two persons, whose bodies were recovered earlier, have been identified, we are trying to identify the third," Surat District Collector Jayprakash Shivhare told.
"All the three persons, who perished in the fire, are not regular, but contractual employees," he said.
The fire has been completely brought under control after more than 24 hours, he said.
"However, the entire operation may continue for some more time. Till the Controller of Explosives tells us that chances of another fire is not there, we will continue our operation," Shivhare said.
The IOC facility at Hazira has nine tanks located nearby each other. The tank number four had almost 5,000 kilolitres of petrol, half of its capacity, when it caught fire.
"Fire brigade personnel did a commendable job by restricting the fire to one tank only, in an operation which started last afternoon," he said.
"The petrol in the tank number four has almost burnt out by now, while we have managed to ensure that fire does not spread to other tanks by constantly spraying water and foam on them to keep them cool," he said.
This is the second major fire at IOC storage depots since 2009. On October 29, 2009, a fire broke out at its Jaipur terminal which was attributed to non-observance of normal safety procedures. The Jaipur depot fire raged for 11 days, killed 11 people and resulted in losses worth Rs 280 crore.
"We had called all the resources at our disposal. The fire brigade teams from all the big cities and nearby small towns of Gujarat were called in. Fire tenders of private companies were also called," he said.
Lauding the disaster management mechanism for containing the fire from not spreading to other tanks, Union Petroleum minister Veerappa Moily, who visited the site this afternoon, said a high-level probe has been ordered and a report is expected by January 20. He also announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh for the kin of the deceased.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of Homi Adajania's must awaited flick 'Finding Fanny' have released another son
- Coming soon Madonna's 'super weird' song
- Gauahar meets Kushal Tandon's parents
- Hrithik says no to Kabir Khan
- This is why Aamir went nude for PK
- Rekha challenges Shah Rukh Khan openly
- OMG! Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are divorcing
- Shah Rukh Khan and Rekha to celebrate Diwali together
- Bipasha loves being crusader of horror
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart