- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
India's tennis stars Sania Mirza, Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open cam
Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time Last Updated : 26 Dec 2012 01:34:51 PM IST Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time
Narendra Modi took oath as Gujarat's chief minister for the fourth time at the Sardar Patel Stadium on Wednesday.
Governor Kamala Beniwal administered the oath of office and secrecy to Modi.An estimated 2.5 lakh people packing the ground roared in joy as a visibly confident Modi took the oath in Gujarati.
Seven cabinet ministers and nine ministers of state also took oath.After the brief ceremony, the chief minister went around the stadium in an open vehicle, waving to the cheering crowds and flashing a 'V' sign.
The Bharatiya Janata Party had won 115 seats in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly in the just-concluded polls.
After leading the BJP to a sweeping win in assembly elections, Modi.On Tuesday was unanimously elected the leader of Gujarat BJP legislature party.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
BJP top brass including Sushma Swaraj, L.K Advani, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan attended the swearing-in ceremony.
Purushottam Solanki, who defeated Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, takes oath.
Babubhai Bokhiria, who defeated Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia, sworn in.
Ganpat Vasava, the tribal face of Modi's Cabinet, takes oath.
Bhupendra Chudasama takes oath.
Ramnlal Vora, the Dalit face of Narendra Modi's Cabinet, takes oath as minister.
Anandiben Patel, who has been the education and later revenue minister, takes oath.
Modi is scheduled to attend the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in New Delhi Thursday.
Before leaving for the venue, Modi tweeted: "Leaving for swearing in ceremony. Glad to see love of so many people and the presence of distinguished leaders."
A still earlier tweet of Wednesday by Modi said: "To make a great future India, the whole secret lies in organization... coordination of wills."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Anu Menon; Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Kalki Koechlin, Rajat Kapoor, Arjun Mathur, R
- Sonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film Festival
- Karan Johar celebrates birthday with star kids
- Big B to host only segment of Modi's bash
- Arijit Singh apology to Sultan star Salman Khan, pleading to retain his song; deletes it later
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T