- HT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an eventHow horrible these celebs look without makeup!!Salman Khan to marry Iulia VanturSpiritual way for the naughty onesSRK, Deepika at \'Kochadaiiyaan\' music launchRaagini Makkar wins IGT 5Relationship makes Deepika completePICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennis
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time Last Updated : 26 Dec 2012 01:34:51 PM IST Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time
Narendra Modi took oath as Gujarat's chief minister for the fourth time at the Sardar Patel Stadium on Wednesday.
Governor Kamala Beniwal administered the oath of office and secrecy to Modi.An estimated 2.5 lakh people packing the ground roared in joy as a visibly confident Modi took the oath in Gujarati.
Seven cabinet ministers and nine ministers of state also took oath.After the brief ceremony, the chief minister went around the stadium in an open vehicle, waving to the cheering crowds and flashing a 'V' sign.
The Bharatiya Janata Party had won 115 seats in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly in the just-concluded polls.
After leading the BJP to a sweeping win in assembly elections, Modi.On Tuesday was unanimously elected the leader of Gujarat BJP legislature party.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
BJP top brass including Sushma Swaraj, L.K Advani, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan attended the swearing-in ceremony.
Purushottam Solanki, who defeated Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, takes oath.
Babubhai Bokhiria, who defeated Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia, sworn in.
Ganpat Vasava, the tribal face of Modi's Cabinet, takes oath.
Bhupendra Chudasama takes oath.
Ramnlal Vora, the Dalit face of Narendra Modi's Cabinet, takes oath as minister.
Anandiben Patel, who has been the education and later revenue minister, takes oath.
Modi is scheduled to attend the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in New Delhi Thursday.
Before leaving for the venue, Modi tweeted: "Leaving for swearing in ceremony. Glad to see love of so many people and the presence of distinguished leaders."
A still earlier tweet of Wednesday by Modi said: "To make a great future India, the whole secret lies in organization... coordination of wills."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was in Chennai to launch the audio of Rajinikant's 'Koc
- HT Mumbai's most stylish award
- 'Look simple on wedding day'
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts curves
- On a comeback, Elizabeth Hurley to play TV queen
- How horrible these celebs look without makeup!!
- My boyfriend doesn't allow me to shoot with other men: Shakira
- Madonna announces collaboration with Avicii
- Madhuri's acting made me feel I was on screen: Sampat Pal
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric