- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose will defend his UBS Hong Kong Open golf title, while Ma
Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time Last Updated : 26 Dec 2012 01:34:51 PM IST Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time
Narendra Modi took oath as Gujarat's chief minister for the fourth time at the Sardar Patel Stadium on Wednesday.
Governor Kamala Beniwal administered the oath of office and secrecy to Modi.An estimated 2.5 lakh people packing the ground roared in joy as a visibly confident Modi took the oath in Gujarati.
Seven cabinet ministers and nine ministers of state also took oath.After the brief ceremony, the chief minister went around the stadium in an open vehicle, waving to the cheering crowds and flashing a 'V' sign.
The Bharatiya Janata Party had won 115 seats in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly in the just-concluded polls.
After leading the BJP to a sweeping win in assembly elections, Modi.On Tuesday was unanimously elected the leader of Gujarat BJP legislature party.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
BJP top brass including Sushma Swaraj, L.K Advani, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan attended the swearing-in ceremony.
Purushottam Solanki, who defeated Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, takes oath.
Babubhai Bokhiria, who defeated Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia, sworn in.
Ganpat Vasava, the tribal face of Modi's Cabinet, takes oath.
Bhupendra Chudasama takes oath.
Ramnlal Vora, the Dalit face of Narendra Modi's Cabinet, takes oath as minister.
Anandiben Patel, who has been the education and later revenue minister, takes oath.
Modi is scheduled to attend the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in New Delhi Thursday.
Before leaving for the venue, Modi tweeted: "Leaving for swearing in ceremony. Glad to see love of so many people and the presence of distinguished leaders."
A still earlier tweet of Wednesday by Modi said: "To make a great future India, the whole secret lies in organization... coordination of wills."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Hansal Mehta, who will be directing Rajkummar Rao in "Omerta", has shared the fi
- Eijaz Khan roped in for 'Bahu Humari Rajni_kant'
- Big B to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Why did Kajol decide to marry Ajay Devgn?
- Chunky Pandey excited about his new project
- Akshay starts 'Jolly LLB 2' journey from Lucknow
- Ranbir Kapoor willing to play homosexual on screen
- Captured: Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani on Secret Holiday
- Rhea Chakraborty meets Liam Cunningham
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic smartphone-maker Intex technologies on Wednesday announced its partnership with R