- VJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaAll set for fifth phase of pollsPoonam Pandey loves eating PastaHrithik danced for 12-hours at strechPICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Xcent gets 450 bookings everydayJulie sequel back with Deepak ShivdasaniPICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7Meet Mandakini's hubby and childPICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time Last Updated : 26 Dec 2012 01:34:51 PM IST Narendra Modi takes oath as Gujarat CM for 4th time
Narendra Modi took oath as Gujarat's chief minister for the fourth time at the Sardar Patel Stadium on Wednesday.
Governor Kamala Beniwal administered the oath of office and secrecy to Modi.An estimated 2.5 lakh people packing the ground roared in joy as a visibly confident Modi took the oath in Gujarati.
Seven cabinet ministers and nine ministers of state also took oath.After the brief ceremony, the chief minister went around the stadium in an open vehicle, waving to the cheering crowds and flashing a 'V' sign.
The Bharatiya Janata Party had won 115 seats in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly in the just-concluded polls.
After leading the BJP to a sweeping win in assembly elections, Modi.On Tuesday was unanimously elected the leader of Gujarat BJP legislature party.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
BJP top brass including Sushma Swaraj, L.K Advani, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu, Ananth Kumar, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan attended the swearing-in ceremony.
Purushottam Solanki, who defeated Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, takes oath.
Babubhai Bokhiria, who defeated Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia, sworn in.
Ganpat Vasava, the tribal face of Modi's Cabinet, takes oath.
Bhupendra Chudasama takes oath.
Ramnlal Vora, the Dalit face of Narendra Modi's Cabinet, takes oath as minister.
Anandiben Patel, who has been the education and later revenue minister, takes oath.
Modi is scheduled to attend the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in New Delhi Thursday.
Before leaving for the venue, Modi tweeted: "Leaving for swearing in ceremony. Glad to see love of so many people and the presence of distinguished leaders."
A still earlier tweet of Wednesday by Modi said: "To make a great future India, the whole secret lies in organization... coordination of wills."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Video Jockey (VJ) and co-host of MTV Rodies turned actor Rannvijay Singh recently got marr
- Sanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clip
- Poonam Pandey loves eating Pasta
- PICS : Hrithik's Dancing Prowess
- PICS : Lara Dutta turns 36
- Deepak Shivdasani's is back with 'Julie' sequel
- PICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7
- Mandakini not staying with Dawood Ibrahim
- PICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.