- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
Manipur firing: Five policemen suspended Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 10:47:06 AM IST File photo
The sources said a three-member enquiry committee headed by Principal Secretary (Home) Suresh Babu has been constituted to probe on Sunday's incident and the panel would submit its report to the government for further action within a week.
The police fired on Sunday to disperse supporters of a 'general strike' called to demand the arrest of a Naga militant who allegedly molested a film actress on December 18.
Thangjam Nanao Singh alias Dwijamanti, a journalist with 'Prime Time' news channel who also contributed pictures to Doordarshan, was killed in the police firing while taking pictures during the strike at Thangmeiband area in Imphal West district.
Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, who met a delegation of All Manipur Working Journalists Union last evening, had given an assurance that all possible action would be taken to book the police personnel involved in the incident.
He had also told the delegation that steps would be taken to prevent the recurrence of such incidents in the future, sources said.
Meanwhile, Manipur Film Forum (MFF), which had called the 'indefinite general strike', said the strike has been suspended from midnight yesterday till midnight of December 26 in deference to and wishes of general public particularly Christians in view of the Christmas, a spokesman said.
The general strike, which began from December 22, had been called demanding arrest of NSCN-IM militant Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested film actress Momoko during a musical concert at Chandel area besides manhandling two other artistes who tried to save her by opening fire. The bullets missed the duo.
While the state government said Anal could not be arrested immediately since NSCN-IM was engaged in peace process with the Centre, several social organisations and lawyers said Anal could be arrested since he had committed crime.
The ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM has been in force in Nagaland and not in Manipur, official sources said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Model-turned-actress Cara Delevingne ditched her underwear to pose for the cover of Sunday
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
- Don't have aptitude to join politics: Sonakshi
- Emma Roberts back with former fiance?
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an