- PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane service
Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei recently failed a drug test, Malaysian media rep
Manipur firing: Five policemen suspended Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 10:47:06 AM IST File photo
The sources said a three-member enquiry committee headed by Principal Secretary (Home) Suresh Babu has been constituted to probe on Sunday's incident and the panel would submit its report to the government for further action within a week.
The police fired on Sunday to disperse supporters of a 'general strike' called to demand the arrest of a Naga militant who allegedly molested a film actress on December 18.
Thangjam Nanao Singh alias Dwijamanti, a journalist with 'Prime Time' news channel who also contributed pictures to Doordarshan, was killed in the police firing while taking pictures during the strike at Thangmeiband area in Imphal West district.
Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, who met a delegation of All Manipur Working Journalists Union last evening, had given an assurance that all possible action would be taken to book the police personnel involved in the incident.
He had also told the delegation that steps would be taken to prevent the recurrence of such incidents in the future, sources said.
Meanwhile, Manipur Film Forum (MFF), which had called the 'indefinite general strike', said the strike has been suspended from midnight yesterday till midnight of December 26 in deference to and wishes of general public particularly Christians in view of the Christmas, a spokesman said.
The general strike, which began from December 22, had been called demanding arrest of NSCN-IM militant Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested film actress Momoko during a musical concert at Chandel area besides manhandling two other artistes who tried to save her by opening fire. The bullets missed the duo.
While the state government said Anal could not be arrested immediately since NSCN-IM was engaged in peace process with the Centre, several social organisations and lawyers said Anal could be arrested since he had committed crime.
The ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM has been in force in Nagaland and not in Manipur, official sources said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan says his role in upcoming comedy-drama 'PK' is one of the challenging roles of
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country