- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown designStory of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealedModi's music-magic lures allHot pics from Sonam Kapoor\'s latest Vogue photoshootSridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
Manipur firing: Five policemen suspended Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 10:47:06 AM IST File photo
The sources said a three-member enquiry committee headed by Principal Secretary (Home) Suresh Babu has been constituted to probe on Sunday's incident and the panel would submit its report to the government for further action within a week.
The police fired on Sunday to disperse supporters of a 'general strike' called to demand the arrest of a Naga militant who allegedly molested a film actress on December 18.
Thangjam Nanao Singh alias Dwijamanti, a journalist with 'Prime Time' news channel who also contributed pictures to Doordarshan, was killed in the police firing while taking pictures during the strike at Thangmeiband area in Imphal West district.
Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, who met a delegation of All Manipur Working Journalists Union last evening, had given an assurance that all possible action would be taken to book the police personnel involved in the incident.
He had also told the delegation that steps would be taken to prevent the recurrence of such incidents in the future, sources said.
Meanwhile, Manipur Film Forum (MFF), which had called the 'indefinite general strike', said the strike has been suspended from midnight yesterday till midnight of December 26 in deference to and wishes of general public particularly Christians in view of the Christmas, a spokesman said.
The general strike, which began from December 22, had been called demanding arrest of NSCN-IM militant Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested film actress Momoko during a musical concert at Chandel area besides manhandling two other artistes who tried to save her by opening fire. The bullets missed the duo.
While the state government said Anal could not be arrested immediately since NSCN-IM was engaged in peace process with the Centre, several social organisations and lawyers said Anal could be arrested since he had committed crime.
The ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM has been in force in Nagaland and not in Manipur, official sources said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Check out the much-awaited first song from the film Happy New Year Indiawaale.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown design
- Story of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealed
- Hot pics from Sonam Kapoor's latest Vogue photoshoot
- Sridevi's 'English Vinglish' mints $1 million in Japan
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira was born with his neck folded back. Read about his inspirationa
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l