- 'Nimrat is an international actress'Mahhi loves making friendsFestival of Light Celebrates San Francisco’s Expanding Light Art SceneMercedes AMG GTS Launched in India at Rs 2.4 crore\'Besharam\' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girlShocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liverIs Ranbir Kapoor scared of Salman Khan?Varun\'s dinner date with NatashaWedding bells for Preity Zinta!
Rohan Bopanna, who finished runner-up at the season-ending Finale, returned top-10 as he g
Manipur firing: Five policemen suspended Last Updated : 24 Dec 2012 10:47:06 AM IST File photo
The sources said a three-member enquiry committee headed by Principal Secretary (Home) Suresh Babu has been constituted to probe on Sunday's incident and the panel would submit its report to the government for further action within a week.
The police fired on Sunday to disperse supporters of a 'general strike' called to demand the arrest of a Naga militant who allegedly molested a film actress on December 18.
Thangjam Nanao Singh alias Dwijamanti, a journalist with 'Prime Time' news channel who also contributed pictures to Doordarshan, was killed in the police firing while taking pictures during the strike at Thangmeiband area in Imphal West district.
Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh, who met a delegation of All Manipur Working Journalists Union last evening, had given an assurance that all possible action would be taken to book the police personnel involved in the incident.
He had also told the delegation that steps would be taken to prevent the recurrence of such incidents in the future, sources said.
Meanwhile, Manipur Film Forum (MFF), which had called the 'indefinite general strike', said the strike has been suspended from midnight yesterday till midnight of December 26 in deference to and wishes of general public particularly Christians in view of the Christmas, a spokesman said.
The general strike, which began from December 22, had been called demanding arrest of NSCN-IM militant Livingstone Anal who had allegedly molested film actress Momoko during a musical concert at Chandel area besides manhandling two other artistes who tried to save her by opening fire. The bullets missed the duo.
While the state government said Anal could not be arrested immediately since NSCN-IM was engaged in peace process with the Centre, several social organisations and lawyers said Anal could be arrested since he had committed crime.
The ceasefire between the Centre and NSCN-IM has been in force in Nagaland and not in Manipur, official sources said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nimrat Kaur co-star Akshay Kumar feels that she an international actress.
- Mahhi loves making friends
- 'Besharam' Ranbir Kapoor is experimenting with his craft
- ‘Tamasha’ girl Deepika is no more a shy girl
- Shocking: Bigg B is surviving on just 25% of his liver
- Shilpa thanks Raj Kundra for being her 'bestest friend'
- Hrithik in Kabir Khan's next?
- Varun's dinner date with Natasha
- Akshay yet to decide on remake of 'Kaththi'
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
Apple's iPhone 6s series will be available in India from October 16 at a starting price of