- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Shiv Sainiks refuse to budge from Thackeray funeral site at Shivaji Park Last Updated : 09 Dec 2012 03:49:09 PM IST Shiv Sainiks refuse to budge from Thackeray funeral site at Shivaji Park
Shiv Sena workers on Saturday gathered in large number at the funeral site of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park amid reports that the authorities were planning to remove the structure that has come up at the place.
"Come what may, we won't allow the removal of the 30x30 feet chowthara (platform)," Sena legislator Eknath Shinde told reporters.
Referring to the large number of Shiv Sainiks from Mumbai, Thane and other places who had come to Shivaji Park,Shinde said they would not budge from the venue and also foil attempts to remove the structure.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said permission for the funeral of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park in Dadar was "conditional".
"The permission given for funeral at Shivaji Park was conditional. The fact that notices have been issued to the Mayor and Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut to remove the make-shift memorial means that the process of action is on," Chavan said.
When asked what would the state government do if the make-shift memorial of Thackeray was not removed from Shivaji Park, he refused to reply, saying, "You don't expect me to answer this question here."
On the proposed statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the Arabian sea, the chief minister said the process to seek permission from the environment ministry was on.
Earlier, Chavan had said that the state government would not do anything in violation of the law with regard to Sena's demand to set up a memorial at the spot, as the matter with regard to Shivaji Park, which has been declared as a silence zone, is pending in the High Court.
While the government is of the view that it is a recreation ground, the court says it is a playground in which case no construction will be possible, he had said.
Uddhav asks Shiv Sainiks to take on challenges
Asserting that he knew how to run Shiv Sena, founded by his late father Bal Thackeray, party executive president Uddhav Thackeray has appealed to sainiks "to take on the challenges lying ahead".
"We will strive hard to fulfil Balasaheb's dream of unfurling 'bhagva' (saffron) atop state Assembly. We will fight for the cause of Marathi manoos and Hindutva," Uddhav said while addressing a rally of Shiv Sena workers from North Maharashtra .
Uddhav is on the state tour even as the party is fighting for the Shiv Sena patriarch's memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated, in Mumbai.
Thousands of party workers, including women, from the region participated in the public meeting. Uddhav, who recently said that he could never claim the exalted title of "Shiv Sena Pramukh" that had been attributed to his late father, told the gathering that he knew how to run the party affairs.
"I was taught by Balasaheb how to run the party. I see my father in each and every Shiv Sainik. It's the time to take on the challenges lying ahead for us and not mourn over Balasaheb's demise," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country