- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Portuguese doctor Nuno Campos, a former member of the medical team of his national footbal
Brother beheads younger sister Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 08:55:56 PM IST File photo of man holding sord.
In the first case of honor killing in Kolkata, a garment trader decapitated his younger sister with a sword and took the severed head to the police station where he surrendered.
The 29-year-old trader, identified as Mehtab Alam, discovered that his sister, 24-year-old Nilofer Bibi, a mother of two was staying with a rickshaw-puller with whom she had eloped, police sources said today.
Alam went to the rickshaw-puller's house, dragged out his sister and beheaded her with the sword in full public view yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Port division) Mehboob Rehman told media persons.
Honour killing in Kolkata, brother beheads sister:
Local people watched horrified as Alam walked down the road at Ayubnagar with the severed head dangling in his hand, before surrendering to the Nadial police station.
"He even asked for a glass of water after reaching the police station," police sources said.
According to eye witnesses Alam justified his crime saying he did it punish his sister for the extra-marital affair.
"It was not the decision of the family to kill her. The brother had lost his temper over his sister and had unilaterally decided to kill her," the DC (Port) said.
Alam was today remanded to judicial custody till December 22 after his production in Alipore court.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of