- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Handicrafts pavilion a hit in Baliyatra trade fair Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 01:43:29 PM IST File Photo
The handicraft pavilion set up by Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS) with nearly 350 stalls at the Baliyatra fair here has become a must-visit destination for visitors.Winter garments from Rajasthan, ladies shoes from Punjab, carpets and furniture from Uttar Pradesh and gamuchha from Andhra Pradesh are selling like hot cakes in the Ormas pavilion, Ormas zonal manager Bipin Rout said."The business till date is very encouraging from all the stalls and we are hoping for a record sale this year. Last year we made business of over Rs 8.5 crore and this year we are hoping to cross Rs nine crore," Rout said.Stating that there were plans to set up more stalls in the pavilion next year, he said "We had to refuse many traders due to lack of space in the pavilion."More than 1500 artisans and self-employed persons from the state and outside are participating in the week-long fair.The traders are from Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana,Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.Apart from Ormas pavilion, another handicraft pavilion -- the Gandhi Shilpa Bazaar with over 150 stalls runexclusively by self help groups is also doing brisk business.Yesterday, the organisers conducted a seminar on value addition in collaboration with a private company for artisans.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star kid Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated the festival of light, Diwli with her fami
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country