- PHOTOS: Stars graced Shirin Morani-Uday Singh Wedding ReceptionOMG! Ranveer says 'I Love You' to Deepika, smooches KJo in publicWomen-centric films in 2014What PK’s success meansAlia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014International debut for Sid Mallya?Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Handicrafts pavilion a hit in Baliyatra trade fair Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 01:43:29 PM IST File Photo
The handicraft pavilion set up by Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS) with nearly 350 stalls at the Baliyatra fair here has become a must-visit destination for visitors.Winter garments from Rajasthan, ladies shoes from Punjab, carpets and furniture from Uttar Pradesh and gamuchha from Andhra Pradesh are selling like hot cakes in the Ormas pavilion, Ormas zonal manager Bipin Rout said."The business till date is very encouraging from all the stalls and we are hoping for a record sale this year. Last year we made business of over Rs 8.5 crore and this year we are hoping to cross Rs nine crore," Rout said.Stating that there were plans to set up more stalls in the pavilion next year, he said "We had to refuse many traders due to lack of space in the pavilion."More than 1500 artisans and self-employed persons from the state and outside are participating in the week-long fair.The traders are from Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana,Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.Apart from Ormas pavilion, another handicraft pavilion -- the Gandhi Shilpa Bazaar with over 150 stalls runexclusively by self help groups is also doing brisk business.Yesterday, the organisers conducted a seminar on value addition in collaboration with a private company for artisans.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shah Rukh Khan-starrer 'Happy New Year' is just a click away for fans outside India and Ch
- PHOTOS: Stars graced Shirin Morani-Uday Singh Wedding Reception
- First Look: Big B overshadows Dhanush in Shamitabh
- OMG! Ranveer says 'I Love You' to Deepika, smooches KJo in public
- Women-centric films in 2014
- What PK’s success means
- Alia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.