- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees BazmeeHappy with \'Phantom\' response, says SaifKangana is content being singleHot cover girls of September 2015Sonam is hot, says HrithikI have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John AbrahamSonam impressed by Hrithik\'s humilityParineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John Abraham
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Handicrafts pavilion a hit in Baliyatra trade fair Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 01:43:29 PM IST File Photo
The handicraft pavilion set up by Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS) with nearly 350 stalls at the Baliyatra fair here has become a must-visit destination for visitors.Winter garments from Rajasthan, ladies shoes from Punjab, carpets and furniture from Uttar Pradesh and gamuchha from Andhra Pradesh are selling like hot cakes in the Ormas pavilion, Ormas zonal manager Bipin Rout said."The business till date is very encouraging from all the stalls and we are hoping for a record sale this year. Last year we made business of over Rs 8.5 crore and this year we are hoping to cross Rs nine crore," Rout said.Stating that there were plans to set up more stalls in the pavilion next year, he said "We had to refuse many traders due to lack of space in the pavilion."More than 1500 artisans and self-employed persons from the state and outside are participating in the week-long fair.The traders are from Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana,Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.Apart from Ormas pavilion, another handicraft pavilion -- the Gandhi Shilpa Bazaar with over 150 stalls runexclusively by self help groups is also doing brisk business.Yesterday, the organisers conducted a seminar on value addition in collaboration with a private company for artisans.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has reached a milestone of 15 million fan following on Twitter, b
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
- Amanda Peterson no more
- Salman to shoot for 'Bigg Boss 9' promos in Karjat
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee
- Happy with 'Phantom' response, says Saif
- Director Mahmood Farooqui charged with rape
- Kangana is content being single
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.