- Bigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestantsPics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in DubaiKatrina Kaif finally admits dating Ranbir KapoorSarah White offers naked therapyRekha, Sridevi, Neetu looks gorgeousSRK\'s daughter is a good footballerNeha\'s sexy avtaar in Ekkees Toppon Ki SalaamiSaif-Kareena's holiday destinationShweta Basu Prasad in Bigg Boss8?Why Hot Neha Dhupia says No to Julie 2
Jerome Boateng's late goal and a second-half equaliser from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar completed
Handicrafts pavilion a hit in Baliyatra trade fair Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 01:43:29 PM IST File Photo
The handicraft pavilion set up by Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS) with nearly 350 stalls at the Baliyatra fair here has become a must-visit destination for visitors.Winter garments from Rajasthan, ladies shoes from Punjab, carpets and furniture from Uttar Pradesh and gamuchha from Andhra Pradesh are selling like hot cakes in the Ormas pavilion, Ormas zonal manager Bipin Rout said."The business till date is very encouraging from all the stalls and we are hoping for a record sale this year. Last year we made business of over Rs 8.5 crore and this year we are hoping to cross Rs nine crore," Rout said.Stating that there were plans to set up more stalls in the pavilion next year, he said "We had to refuse many traders due to lack of space in the pavilion."More than 1500 artisans and self-employed persons from the state and outside are participating in the week-long fair.The traders are from Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana,Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.Apart from Ormas pavilion, another handicraft pavilion -- the Gandhi Shilpa Bazaar with over 150 stalls runexclusively by self help groups is also doing brisk business.Yesterday, the organisers conducted a seminar on value addition in collaboration with a private company for artisans.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The trailer of Yash Raj Films next flick ‘Kill Dil’, starring Ranveer Singh, Ali Zafar
- Rajnikanth stalls release of Main Hoon Rajnikanth
- Hrithik-Katrina look superhot in ‘Bang Bang’ song: Watch
- IFFI 2014 will focus on Chinese cinema: Shankar Mohan
- Richa Chadha bags international film
- Bigg Boss 8:Know all about the final contestants
- Pics of Kareena-Karisma enjoying in Dubai
- Hrithik Roshan tribute to Michael Jackson in new Bang Bang song
- Katrina Kaif finally admits dating Ranbir Kapoor
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Apple had more than 4 million advance orders of its new iPhones in the first 24 hours.