- 11-year-old attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga in 10 daysSindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Jitu get Khel RatnasRemembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'daykareena kapoor khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos.'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequelWhat is notorious Savita Bhabhi doing in Baar Baar Dekho?I put in an effort to look presentable: Ranbir KapoorJennifer Aniston credits father for her flawless skinWill Smith joins Akshay Kumar's partyShahid Kapoor takes his baby daughter home
Pramod Patni of Life Insurance Corporation of India beat off stiff competiton from Puran S
Handicrafts pavilion a hit in Baliyatra trade fair Last Updated : 03 Dec 2012 01:43:29 PM IST File Photo
The handicraft pavilion set up by Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society (ORMAS) with nearly 350 stalls at the Baliyatra fair here has become a must-visit destination for visitors.Winter garments from Rajasthan, ladies shoes from Punjab, carpets and furniture from Uttar Pradesh and gamuchha from Andhra Pradesh are selling like hot cakes in the Ormas pavilion, Ormas zonal manager Bipin Rout said."The business till date is very encouraging from all the stalls and we are hoping for a record sale this year. Last year we made business of over Rs 8.5 crore and this year we are hoping to cross Rs nine crore," Rout said.Stating that there were plans to set up more stalls in the pavilion next year, he said "We had to refuse many traders due to lack of space in the pavilion."More than 1500 artisans and self-employed persons from the state and outside are participating in the week-long fair.The traders are from Assam, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana,Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.Apart from Ormas pavilion, another handicraft pavilion -- the Gandhi Shilpa Bazaar with over 150 stalls runexclusively by self help groups is also doing brisk business.Yesterday, the organisers conducted a seminar on value addition in collaboration with a private company for artisans.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The launch of "Bapu sada kehnda", a new music single on homosexuality, has marked the fora
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
- kareena kapoor khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos.
- Om Puri in Pakistan to promote film
- 'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequel
- What is notorious Savita Bhabhi doing in Baar Baar Dekho?
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco on Monday announced some unique offers