- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summer
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Gujarat elections: Narendra Modi files nomination papers Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 02:12:50 PM IST Guajart elections:Congress fields IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife against Modi
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has filed its nomination papers from Maninagar constituency for Assembly polls on Friday.Modi launched a new motto: Vikas, Vishwaas, and Vijay (Development, Trust, and Victory).
Addressing his supporters, Modi challenged the Congress to prove what they have done for Gujarat. The CM alleged that the opposition party was trying to sabotage the developmental projects.
“We will fight the elections on the basis of development and not on the basis of vote bank politics,” he declared.
Congress fields IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatts wife against Modi
She will file her nomination papers on Friday."Yes, I will be fighting against Modi from Maninagar on a Congress ticket," Shweta Bhatt said.
"We have moved far away from democracy in Gujarat and to restore it, everyone has to do whatever they can. Fighting election against Modi is the logical step in our quest for democracy and to curb anti-democratic forces," she said.
Today is the last day of filing of nomination papers for the second phase of polls.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi who is looking for a hattrick in Gujarat ,won from Maninagar in 2007 by a huge margin, defeating the Congress candidate.
"Shweta Bhatt has been fielded by the party against Modi," a Gujarat Congress leader said.There are reports that Mrs Bhatthave already started her campaign against Mr Modi,
The state goes to polls in two phases - December 13 and 17. The votes will be counted on December 20.
Sanjiv Bhatt, in an affidavit in the Supreme Court last year, had alleged complicity on the part of Modi in the 2002 riots. He also deposed against Modi before the Nanavati Commission, probing the riots.
Bhatt, who was the Principal, SRP Training School, was later suspended by the state government.
Sanjiv Bhatt is facing charges of coercing his official driver to make a false statement in connection with the alleged inaction of the Narendra Modi government during the 2002 riots in the state.
Bhatt was suspended after he accused Modi of asking the police to go slow on Hindus during the 2002 riots in which 1,200 people were killed.Bhatt has pleaded that the case against him was fabricated and was a consequence of political vendetta.
He had told the Supreme Court in an an affidavit that Modi had allowed "communal riots in Gujarat as he wanted Hindus to vent out their anger against the minority community following killings of Kar sevaks in Sabarmati Express near Godhara railway station."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh apologised to Salman Khan on Facebook. However, the reason behind the
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit