- New love in Ranveer Singh's life?Resemblance between three Khan'sDU admissions to begin tomorrowGreat! Family comedy drama 'Piku' marks 105 CroreKangana Ranaut was given hugs and kisses by Rekha MadhuriPriyanka don't consider herself as starTaylor Swift youngest on ForbesRevealed! Why Rekha walked out of Fitoor?Want to see Salman Khan's Bajrangi Bhaijaan's trailer? Strictly for fansKangana Ranaut\'s next film is Rangoon with Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Gujarat elections: Narendra Modi files nomination papers Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 02:12:50 PM IST Guajart elections:Congress fields IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt's wife against Modi
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has filed its nomination papers from Maninagar constituency for Assembly polls on Friday.Modi launched a new motto: Vikas, Vishwaas, and Vijay (Development, Trust, and Victory).
Addressing his supporters, Modi challenged the Congress to prove what they have done for Gujarat. The CM alleged that the opposition party was trying to sabotage the developmental projects.
“We will fight the elections on the basis of development and not on the basis of vote bank politics,” he declared.
Congress fields IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatts wife against Modi
She will file her nomination papers on Friday."Yes, I will be fighting against Modi from Maninagar on a Congress ticket," Shweta Bhatt said.
"We have moved far away from democracy in Gujarat and to restore it, everyone has to do whatever they can. Fighting election against Modi is the logical step in our quest for democracy and to curb anti-democratic forces," she said.
Today is the last day of filing of nomination papers for the second phase of polls.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi who is looking for a hattrick in Gujarat ,won from Maninagar in 2007 by a huge margin, defeating the Congress candidate.
"Shweta Bhatt has been fielded by the party against Modi," a Gujarat Congress leader said.There are reports that Mrs Bhatthave already started her campaign against Mr Modi,
The state goes to polls in two phases - December 13 and 17. The votes will be counted on December 20.
Sanjiv Bhatt, in an affidavit in the Supreme Court last year, had alleged complicity on the part of Modi in the 2002 riots. He also deposed against Modi before the Nanavati Commission, probing the riots.
Bhatt, who was the Principal, SRP Training School, was later suspended by the state government.
Sanjiv Bhatt is facing charges of coercing his official driver to make a false statement in connection with the alleged inaction of the Narendra Modi government during the 2002 riots in the state.
Bhatt was suspended after he accused Modi of asking the police to go slow on Hindus during the 2002 riots in which 1,200 people were killed.Bhatt has pleaded that the case against him was fabricated and was a consequence of political vendetta.
He had told the Supreme Court in an an affidavit that Modi had allowed "communal riots in Gujarat as he wanted Hindus to vent out their anger against the minority community following killings of Kar sevaks in Sabarmati Express near Godhara railway station."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Whom is Ranveer romancing other than Deepika Padukone.
- Resemblance between three Khan's
- Kris finds perfect match for daughter
- Zayn spends lots of time in kitchen
- Rose finds herself getting homesick
- Adam loves shopping sprees with mom
- Oh! Poor Sunny Leone appears before Thane police
- Great! Family comedy drama 'Piku' marks 105 Crore
- Kangana Ranaut was given hugs and kisses by Rekha Madhuri
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and