- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
New technology for building roads in Arunachal demanded Last Updated : 29 Nov 2012 05:12:18 PM IST File Photo
Expressing concern over poor road communication in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh, lone independent MLA Nang Sati Mein has demanded that viable options and new technology should be adopted by the state PWD to build good roads in the mountain state.
"New technology roads are the need of the hour which can help us deal with the deteriorating condition of the roads ... Arunachal Pradesh needs an extensive network of new roads besides improving and upgrading existing ones," she said yesterday.
The state, she said, should follow Assam which has adopted green technology and constructed all weather roads.
Since the inception of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in the state, a total of 350 habitations have been cleared for connecting with an all-weather road measuring 4,363 km of road length till 2012-13.
Against this, the state has connected 298 habitations measuring 3,419 km of road length but maintenance has been a major issue for the authorities, official sources said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country