- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
New technology for building roads in Arunachal demanded Last Updated : 29 Nov 2012 05:12:18 PM IST File Photo
Expressing concern over poor road communication in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh, lone independent MLA Nang Sati Mein has demanded that viable options and new technology should be adopted by the state PWD to build good roads in the mountain state.
"New technology roads are the need of the hour which can help us deal with the deteriorating condition of the roads ... Arunachal Pradesh needs an extensive network of new roads besides improving and upgrading existing ones," she said yesterday.
The state, she said, should follow Assam which has adopted green technology and constructed all weather roads.
Since the inception of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in the state, a total of 350 habitations have been cleared for connecting with an all-weather road measuring 4,363 km of road length till 2012-13.
Against this, the state has connected 298 habitations measuring 3,419 km of road length but maintenance has been a major issue for the authorities, official sources said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Jaya Bachchan says there was a time when Indian filmmakers used to create
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
- Karan wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: Aishwarya
- SRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon on Tuesday launched its flagship smartphone Ultra50