- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
New technology for building roads in Arunachal demanded Last Updated : 29 Nov 2012 05:12:18 PM IST File Photo
Expressing concern over poor road communication in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh, lone independent MLA Nang Sati Mein has demanded that viable options and new technology should be adopted by the state PWD to build good roads in the mountain state.
"New technology roads are the need of the hour which can help us deal with the deteriorating condition of the roads ... Arunachal Pradesh needs an extensive network of new roads besides improving and upgrading existing ones," she said yesterday.
The state, she said, should follow Assam which has adopted green technology and constructed all weather roads.
Since the inception of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in the state, a total of 350 habitations have been cleared for connecting with an all-weather road measuring 4,363 km of road length till 2012-13.
Against this, the state has connected 298 habitations measuring 3,419 km of road length but maintenance has been a major issue for the authorities, official sources said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T