- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
New technology for building roads in Arunachal demanded Last Updated : 29 Nov 2012 05:12:18 PM IST File Photo
Expressing concern over poor road communication in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh, lone independent MLA Nang Sati Mein has demanded that viable options and new technology should be adopted by the state PWD to build good roads in the mountain state.
"New technology roads are the need of the hour which can help us deal with the deteriorating condition of the roads ... Arunachal Pradesh needs an extensive network of new roads besides improving and upgrading existing ones," she said yesterday.
The state, she said, should follow Assam which has adopted green technology and constructed all weather roads.
Since the inception of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in the state, a total of 350 habitations have been cleared for connecting with an all-weather road measuring 4,363 km of road length till 2012-13.
Against this, the state has connected 298 habitations measuring 3,419 km of road length but maintenance has been a major issue for the authorities, official sources said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl