- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
With a final berth at stake, the traditional rivalry between India and Pakistan will take
Boy detained over remark against Raj Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 08:55:00 PM IST File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
A teenager was detained for questioning on day at Palghar in neighbouring Thane district for posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on Facebook, police said.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told media persons, speaking on condition of
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Meanwhile, Kundan Sankhe, president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Boy detained over 'objectionable' Facebook comment against Raj:
"Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to police and asked them to investigate the matter. Police are questioning that person," he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar after one of them criticised the November 18th shutdown for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral and the other "liked" the Facebook post, causing an outrage.
SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle were suspended yesterday for the arrest of the girls on November 19, though charges against them are yet to be dropped.
The girls Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after the former lamented in a Facebook post the shutdown and the latter "liked" it.
Palghar observed a "successful" Shiv Sena-sponsored bandh today over action taken against the police officers.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The MNS on Wednesday demanded the replacement of Pakistani actors Mahira Khan and Fawad Kh
- Big B, others wish Lata Mangeshkar on birthday
- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood pics
- Reason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marry
- Bollywood split on MNS ban on Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Herschell Gordon Lewis dies at 87
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho