- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple citySushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe winKangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new lineHot picks in accessories section this summerTransform your look with different capes this season!Mallika Sherawat's selfie moment with Mads Mikkelsen
FIFA's acting secretary general, the German-Swiss Markus Kattner, was dismissed with immed
Boy detained over remark against Raj Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 08:55:00 PM IST File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
A teenager was detained for questioning on day at Palghar in neighbouring Thane district for posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on Facebook, police said.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told media persons, speaking on condition of
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Meanwhile, Kundan Sankhe, president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Boy detained over 'objectionable' Facebook comment against Raj:
"Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to police and asked them to investigate the matter. Police are questioning that person," he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar after one of them criticised the November 18th shutdown for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral and the other "liked" the Facebook post, causing an outrage.
SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle were suspended yesterday for the arrest of the girls on November 19, though charges against them are yet to be dropped.
The girls Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after the former lamented in a Facebook post the shutdown and the latter "liked" it.
Palghar observed a "successful" Shiv Sena-sponsored bandh today over action taken against the police officers.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan and veteran British actor Ian McKellen discussed the work a
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Big B 'nervous' about singing in 'TE3N'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit