- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Boy detained over remark against Raj Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 08:55:00 PM IST File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
A teenager was detained for questioning on day at Palghar in neighbouring Thane district for posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on Facebook, police said.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told media persons, speaking on condition of
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Meanwhile, Kundan Sankhe, president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Boy detained over 'objectionable' Facebook comment against Raj:
"Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to police and asked them to investigate the matter. Police are questioning that person," he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar after one of them criticised the November 18th shutdown for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral and the other "liked" the Facebook post, causing an outrage.
SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle were suspended yesterday for the arrest of the girls on November 19, though charges against them are yet to be dropped.
The girls Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after the former lamented in a Facebook post the shutdown and the latter "liked" it.
Palghar observed a "successful" Shiv Sena-sponsored bandh today over action taken against the police officers.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When we talk about Valentine's day, how can we forget our most romantic Bollywood couples?
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
- Hollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun Kapoor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.