- VJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaAll set for fifth phase of pollsPoonam Pandey loves eating PastaHrithik danced for 12-hours at strechPICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Xcent gets 450 bookings everydayJulie sequel back with Deepak ShivdasaniPICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7Meet Mandakini's hubby and childPICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
Boy detained over remark against Raj Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 08:55:00 PM IST File photo of MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
A teenager was detained for questioning on day at Palghar in neighbouring Thane district for posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on Facebook, police said.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told media persons, speaking on condition of
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Meanwhile, Kundan Sankhe, president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Boy detained over 'objectionable' Facebook comment against Raj:
"Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to police and asked them to investigate the matter. Police are questioning that person," he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar after one of them criticised the November 18th shutdown for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral and the other "liked" the Facebook post, causing an outrage.
SP (Thane rural) Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector Shrikant Pingle were suspended yesterday for the arrest of the girls on November 19, though charges against them are yet to be dropped.
The girls Shaheen Dhada and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after the former lamented in a Facebook post the shutdown and the latter "liked" it.
Palghar observed a "successful" Shiv Sena-sponsored bandh today over action taken against the police officers.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Video Jockey (VJ) and co-host of MTV Rodies turned actor Rannvijay Singh recently got marr
- Sanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clip
- Poonam Pandey loves eating Pasta
- PICS : Hrithik's Dancing Prowess
- PICS : Lara Dutta turns 36
- Deepak Shivdasani's is back with 'Julie' sequel
- PICS : Deepika, Madhuri rock in IPL-7
- Mandakini not staying with Dawood Ibrahim
- PICS : Meet Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.