- Sunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card partyBill Clinton\'s Girlfriend Monica Lewinsky joins Twitter
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Thackeray FB row: Sena calls Palghar bandh on Wednesday Last Updated : 28 Nov 2012 09:34:36 AM IST Thackeray FB row: Sena calls Palghar bandh on Wednesday over suspension of cops
Shiv Sena has called for a bandh in Palghar, in the adjoining Thane district on Wednesday in protest against the suspension of police officers who had arrested two girls over a Facebook post, criticising shutdown during Bal Thackeray's funeral.
The shops were closed and train services have been suspended following the bandh call by the Shiv Sena in Palghar on Wednesday.Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan defended the suspension of two police officers over the arrest of two girls for their posts on Facebook regarding the bandh observed for Bal Thackeray's funeral.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan were arrested under IPC sections 295 (A) (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) and 505(2) IPC (statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes) and the IT Act.
Shiv Sena MLA from Thane Eknath Shinde said the call for the bandh was given by the party's local unit. Criticising the suspension of the two police officers, he
said, "The police acted as per the prevailing situation. Even the girls do not have any complaint against the police."
The inspector general (Konkan range) Sukhwinder Singh termed the arrest of two girls hailing from Palghar as an irrelevant act of haste.
But the charges against the two girls arrested for posting comments on Facebook criticising the general shutdown on Bal Thackeray cremation, remain to be dropped.
Earlier in the day, Thane rural SP Ravindra Sengaonkar and senior police inspector in Palghar, Shreekant Pingle, were suspended and a departmental enquiry ordered against them for applying wrong charges against the two girls while Additional SP Sangram Nishandar was "warned in writing and reprimanded" for dereliction of duty.
Announcing the action against the policemen, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said, "Wrong sections were appliedagainst the girls and there was no need to take hasty action (against the girls),".
Shiv Sainiks had ransacked the clinic of one of the girl's uncle in protest against her Facebook comment.
Minister wants charges against two girls dropped
Maharashtra Minority Affairs Minister Mohammed Arif Naseem Khan demanded that charges slapped on the two Palghar girls in connection with their Facebook posts against the shutdown during Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral should immediately be dropped.
He said that with special IG (Konkan range) Sukhwinder Singh's report indicting the police for framing wrong charges,no case can be made against the girls and charges against them should be dropped.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil has said that senior officers would study the case and decide whether to drop charges against the girls.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country