- Watch Sambhavna Seth Hot VideoTop quotes of US President Obama\'s speech at Siri FortDimpy is my best friend and I'm not dating Aparna,says Rahul MahajanShah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse ShaanaObama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in China
Saina Nehwal staged a scintillating comeback to defeat reigning world champion Carolina M
We have got justice: 26/11 victim's wife Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 12:55:13 PM IST Ajmal Kasab and one more gunman attacked Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) killed 58 people and injured 104 others.
Thanking President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting Kasab's mercy plea, a 26/11 Mumbai attack victim's wife on Wednesday said, "We are happy that we have got justice."
Reacting to Pakistan terrorist Ajmal Kasab's hanging, Ragini Sharma, whose husband S K Sharma was killed in the 2008 terror strike, said she would like to thank the President for rejecting Kasab's mercy plea.
"I would like to thank the President. However, it got delayed but we did get justice. I am happy that it (the hanging) was done secretly, otherwide some human rights people would have opposed it," she said.
"The first thing that comes to my mind is what happened is good. We are happy that we have got justice," Ragini said.
Sharma a railway ticket collector was killed in the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, said on Wednesday.
Vishnu Zende, an announcer at the Chhtrapati Shivaji Terminus, the railway station in Mumbai which was one of the targets of the attack, said, "I had never thought that I would get to hear this news like this.
"I am very happy that he has been hanged. All the people who died in the terror attack have been given tribute by hanging him," Zende, who had helped save many lives by making announcements over the public address system in the station about the strike, said.
Mukesh Agrawal, who survived when the Taj Hotel in Mumbai was attacked during the 2008 carnage, said Kasab should have been hanged four years ago.
"But today what has happened is very good. It is a very good gift to the victims' families. The government has given a New Year gift," he said.
K Unnikrishnan, father of NSG commando K Unnikrishnan, who was killed in the Taj Hotel strike, said, "The way in which the execution has been done, it is a model way.
"Before anybody could react to the rejection of the mercy petition (of Kasab), everything is over. That is the thing which I cherish."
Unnikrishnan, a retired ISRO official, said, "Definitely there was a long way to go for the sense of closure...Kasab's execution is only one chapter. The perpetrators are still moving around in Pakistan and the anti-India thinking in Pakistan is too much now, it should come down."
He said finally justice has been done in one case.
"...The root cause is hatred that is still there and in my opinion that spoils the general calm attitude in India. I still feel many more things have to be done. We should not lose the momentum because we have hanged a culprit. That is not closure," Unnikrishnan said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A controversial sex tape of Sambhavna Seth has become viral on internet who is right now b
- Dimpy is my best friend and I'm not dating Aparna,says Rahul Mahajan
- Salim Khan rejects Padma Shri says,he deserves more
- Shah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse Shaana
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
- Overwhelmed by Padma Vibhushan: Big B
- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knot
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28