- Watch \'Bigg Boss 8\' latest teaserList of movies releasing in Sep 2014PICS: How zebrafish gets its stripes!Indian Railways new time tableKodaikanal lake to be beautifiedBollywood’s hottest ‘Kamasutra’ babes, view picsPak beauties, who sizzle in Bollywood, view picsDeath Valley’s mystery solvedBritney Spears, David Lucado break upActress Maitreya Gowda speaks against abuse
Indian teen sensation P V Sindhu assured herself of a second consecutive bronze medal at t
Modi goes 3D, address audiences in four cities Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 01:53:53 PM IST Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi
In his speech, telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups, Modi, who spoke from a studio in Gandhinagar, took on Congress for comparing him to "monkey" and "rats".
He said he took pride in being called so, because both these creatures were "messengers of God".
"Had Congress leaders studied Ramayana, they would have got a fair idea of 'vanar shakti'. I accept the title given by them to me," Modi said, while lashing out at Congress for using "foul language".
During the recent election rallies, state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia and Congress Rajya Sabha MP Hussain Dalwai had compared Modi to "monkey" and "rats", respectively.
"Devotion and services of lord Hanuman are known globally....I have got the chance to serve Gujarat, so the six crore Gujaratis are like Ram to me, I am their Hanuman," Modi said.
Further, he said, the Congress leader was unaware of significance of rats in the Hindu mythology. "Rat is considered to be vehicle of 'vighn-harta' Ganesh....I feel proud that with Lord Ganesh on my back, Gujarat faces no problems."
Modi claimed that for the first time in the world an election campaign was being launched using 3D technology and telecast in four places.
"You are witnessing a unique and first-ever incident..,"he said.
His image, projected on screens in four places, was clear, but there were some technical glitches. Audio output was not available for a few minutes.
Dismissing the allegations of allocating village grazing lands to corporates, Modi claimed that he had allocated only the waste land.
"My government has mostly allocated waste land in coastal area, whereas 90 per cent of the land allocated by Congress governments is grazing land, and that too the fertile land in south Gujarat," he alleged.
Engineering education in the state was the cheapest in "whole world", he claimed.
"I can proudly say that in Gujarat, engineering education is the cheapest in the whole world. In our state it costs only Rs 1,500, where in Rajasthan, under Congress rule, it costs more then Rs 44,000," Modi said.
At the Ahmedabad gathering, BJP MP and former cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu was also present.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The first look of actor Naga Chaitanya’s next release Oka Laila Kosam has been out.
- Priyanka's 'Teacher's Day' gift to Mary Kom
- Bollywood brings home Ganpati
- Parineeti suffers wardrobe malfunction
- See famous kisses of Emraan Hashmi
- Watch 'Bigg Boss 8' latest teaser
- List of movies releasing in Sep 2014
- 'Mary Kom' is my guru dakshina on Teachers Day: Priyanka
- Sofia Hayat goes nude for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
For years scientists have theorized about how large rocks some weighing hundreds of pound
Tech giant Apple is expected to unveil a larger screen version of its popular iPhone along