- Sridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so muchSadhana from a mystery girl to a clubberFive Bollywood sex ComediesSaina and Pullela Gopichand splitSonam\'s fiery statements too hot to handle
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
Modi goes 3D, address audiences in four cities Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 01:53:53 PM IST Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi
In his speech, telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups, Modi, who spoke from a studio in Gandhinagar, took on Congress for comparing him to "monkey" and "rats".
He said he took pride in being called so, because both these creatures were "messengers of God".
"Had Congress leaders studied Ramayana, they would have got a fair idea of 'vanar shakti'. I accept the title given by them to me," Modi said, while lashing out at Congress for using "foul language".
During the recent election rallies, state Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia and Congress Rajya Sabha MP Hussain Dalwai had compared Modi to "monkey" and "rats", respectively.
"Devotion and services of lord Hanuman are known globally....I have got the chance to serve Gujarat, so the six crore Gujaratis are like Ram to me, I am their Hanuman," Modi said.
Further, he said, the Congress leader was unaware of significance of rats in the Hindu mythology. "Rat is considered to be vehicle of 'vighn-harta' Ganesh....I feel proud that with Lord Ganesh on my back, Gujarat faces no problems."
Modi claimed that for the first time in the world an election campaign was being launched using 3D technology and telecast in four places.
"You are witnessing a unique and first-ever incident..,"he said.
His image, projected on screens in four places, was clear, but there were some technical glitches. Audio output was not available for a few minutes.
Dismissing the allegations of allocating village grazing lands to corporates, Modi claimed that he had allocated only the waste land.
"My government has mostly allocated waste land in coastal area, whereas 90 per cent of the land allocated by Congress governments is grazing land, and that too the fertile land in south Gujarat," he alleged.
Engineering education in the state was the cheapest in "whole world", he claimed.
"I can proudly say that in Gujarat, engineering education is the cheapest in the whole world. In our state it costs only Rs 1,500, where in Rajasthan, under Congress rule, it costs more then Rs 44,000," Modi said.
At the Ahmedabad gathering, BJP MP and former cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu was also present.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Check out the much-awaited first song from the film Happy New Year Indiawaale.
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's wedding images reveal special gown design
- Story of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie Jazbaa revealed
- Hot pics from Sonam Kapoor's latest Vogue photoshoot
- Sridevi's 'English Vinglish' mints $1 million in Japan
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
Claudio Vieira de Oliveira was born with his neck folded back. Read about his inspirationa
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l