- Landslide near Pune, 17 deadChicken has antibiotics!PICS: Metro overloaded! Passengers asked to deboardSalman\'s big heart for KidsAamir celebrates Eid with ex wife ReenaMandakini\'s semi-nude photos had created an uproarNo formula for blockbuster movies: Salman KhanSalman and Eid are deadly combo,set to strike Rs 600 CrWorld War I revisitedIndian heroes at CWG 2014
The Indian team at the CWG 2014 Glasgow are doing the nation proud with their medal winnin
Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 10:10:35 AM IST Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed
Bodoland area in lower Assam witnessed fresh violence with the killing of four persons by armed assailants in Jiaguri on saturdayeven as police arrested a member of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District in connection with the killing.
Indefinite curfew has been continuing in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar district as violence flared up in the area again.The Centre has asked Assam government to immediately arrest those involved in ethnic clashes between Bodos and immigrant Muslims and seize illegal weapons by deploying enough forces, including Army, in the strife-torn areas.
The Indian Army and the Assam Police have been put on high alert following an advisory by the ministry of home affairs (MHA) to the state government as well as to the ministry of defence (MoD) on Thursday.
The MHA has urged the MoD to deploy army in the state without any delay if such a request comes from the Assam government. Even the intelligence agencies have been asked to be more vigilant.
The assailants fired randomly on a group of persons at Jiaguri in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar police station in which four persons were killed late last night, Inspector General of Police (BTAD) S N Singh told.
"Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja, a member of BTAD, was arrested early today in connection with the killing," he said. "Two AK-47 rifles, magazines of AK-47 rifles and 60 rounds of assorted ammunition were seized from his bedroom. He is currently being interrogated," he said.
"The Army and police are working around the clock to bring the situation under control and no untoward incident has been reported during the last 24 hours," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters at a function in Nalbari district of Assam.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rani Mukerji's next film Mardaani has become the first movie from Yash Raj Films to get an
- Images: Avatar star Zoe Saldana goes nude for Women's Health magazine
- Gutthi will return for Akshay Kumar in Comedy Nights With Kapil?
- Bet you probably did not know this about Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Salman's big heart for Kids
- Aamir celebrates Eid with ex wife Reena
- WATCH: '50 Shades of Grey' trailer most-watched of 2014
- Mandakini's semi-nude photos had created an uproar
- B - Town praises PC’s Mary Kom trailer
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.