- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Dutee Chand is sprinting hard and she has her aim set -- the coveted gold medal at the Rio
Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 10:10:35 AM IST Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed
Bodoland area in lower Assam witnessed fresh violence with the killing of four persons by armed assailants in Jiaguri on saturdayeven as police arrested a member of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District in connection with the killing.
Indefinite curfew has been continuing in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar district as violence flared up in the area again.The Centre has asked Assam government to immediately arrest those involved in ethnic clashes between Bodos and immigrant Muslims and seize illegal weapons by deploying enough forces, including Army, in the strife-torn areas.
The Indian Army and the Assam Police have been put on high alert following an advisory by the ministry of home affairs (MHA) to the state government as well as to the ministry of defence (MoD) on Thursday.
The MHA has urged the MoD to deploy army in the state without any delay if such a request comes from the Assam government. Even the intelligence agencies have been asked to be more vigilant.
The assailants fired randomly on a group of persons at Jiaguri in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar police station in which four persons were killed late last night, Inspector General of Police (BTAD) S N Singh told.
"Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja, a member of BTAD, was arrested early today in connection with the killing," he said. "Two AK-47 rifles, magazines of AK-47 rifles and 60 rounds of assorted ammunition were seized from his bedroom. He is currently being interrogated," he said.
"The Army and police are working around the clock to bring the situation under control and no untoward incident has been reported during the last 24 hours," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters at a function in Nalbari district of Assam.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kangana Ranaut looked every inch a Mughal empress as she walked for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
- 'Madaari' is a 'must watch', says Kejriwal
- Twinkle slams Naseeruddin for calling father 'poor actor'
- 'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up call
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' sets new box office record on opening day
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i