- Shruthi Seth lands in controversyWhy is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
World champions Australia overcame some stiff resistance put up by Great Britain to notch
Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 10:10:35 AM IST Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed
Bodoland area in lower Assam witnessed fresh violence with the killing of four persons by armed assailants in Jiaguri on saturdayeven as police arrested a member of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District in connection with the killing.
Indefinite curfew has been continuing in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar district as violence flared up in the area again.The Centre has asked Assam government to immediately arrest those involved in ethnic clashes between Bodos and immigrant Muslims and seize illegal weapons by deploying enough forces, including Army, in the strife-torn areas.
The Indian Army and the Assam Police have been put on high alert following an advisory by the ministry of home affairs (MHA) to the state government as well as to the ministry of defence (MoD) on Thursday.
The MHA has urged the MoD to deploy army in the state without any delay if such a request comes from the Assam government. Even the intelligence agencies have been asked to be more vigilant.
The assailants fired randomly on a group of persons at Jiaguri in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar police station in which four persons were killed late last night, Inspector General of Police (BTAD) S N Singh told.
"Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja, a member of BTAD, was arrested early today in connection with the killing," he said. "Two AK-47 rifles, magazines of AK-47 rifles and 60 rounds of assorted ammunition were seized from his bedroom. He is currently being interrogated," he said.
"The Army and police are working around the clock to bring the situation under control and no untoward incident has been reported during the last 24 hours," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters at a function in Nalbari district of Assam.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shruthi Seth lands in trouble after criticising Narendra Modi.
- Salman scoffs at legal notice
- Why is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?
- Salman missing 'party days'
- Hema Malini discharged from hospital
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe