- Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report againLanka takes 1-0 lead vs India in 1st T20Cold conditions prevail across NorthTaapsee has no YSR projectPanasonic launches P66 Mega at Rs.7,990Meet World's sexiest top modelEmraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'dayKatrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargahVarun Dhawan in Sushant-Kriti starrer
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed Last Updated : 17 Nov 2012 10:10:35 AM IST Assam violence:Four die in Kokrajhar;Army deployed
Bodoland area in lower Assam witnessed fresh violence with the killing of four persons by armed assailants in Jiaguri on saturdayeven as police arrested a member of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District in connection with the killing.
Indefinite curfew has been continuing in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar district as violence flared up in the area again.The Centre has asked Assam government to immediately arrest those involved in ethnic clashes between Bodos and immigrant Muslims and seize illegal weapons by deploying enough forces, including Army, in the strife-torn areas.
The Indian Army and the Assam Police have been put on high alert following an advisory by the ministry of home affairs (MHA) to the state government as well as to the ministry of defence (MoD) on Thursday.
The MHA has urged the MoD to deploy army in the state without any delay if such a request comes from the Assam government. Even the intelligence agencies have been asked to be more vigilant.
The assailants fired randomly on a group of persons at Jiaguri in Kokrajhar ' title=' Kokrajhar '>Kokrajhar police station in which four persons were killed late last night, Inspector General of Police (BTAD) S N Singh told.
"Monokumar Brahma alias Jalja, a member of BTAD, was arrested early today in connection with the killing," he said. "Two AK-47 rifles, magazines of AK-47 rifles and 60 rounds of assorted ammunition were seized from his bedroom. He is currently being interrogated," he said.
"The Army and police are working around the clock to bring the situation under control and no untoward incident has been reported during the last 24 hours," Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters at a function in Nalbari district of Assam.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Salman Khan has done away with the beard he was sporting for a while now for "Su
- Preity quashes marriage report again
- Taapsee has no YSR project
- Why Deepika Padukone is the luckiest women?
- Revealed: Why Anushka declined Kohli's marriage proposal?
- Shahid forced Karan Johar to do this for his ex Kareena Kapoor
- Emraan gifts 'Azhar' first look to Azharuddin on b'day
- Katrina offers prayers at Ajmer dargah
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.