- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Country's number one singles player Yuki Bhambri lost two places to be 93rd while Somdev D
Fire at Nagarjuna Agrichem, 44 injured Last Updated : 30 Jun 2012 12:16:49 PM IST File Photo
According to the police, the fire broke out following an explosion at the plant. Some workers are reported to be feared trapped in the plant.
Fire broke out at Nagarjuna Agrichem Limited following an explosion in the fifth block of the plant, which produces agrochemicals. The plant is located Chilkapalem in Srikakulam district of north coastal Andhra, about 700 km from here.
Meanwhile, 44 fire engines have been pressed into the service to douse the fire.
The injured were shifted to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) at Srikakulam.
About 200 employees were reportedly working at the plant at the time of the incident. The workers ran in panic after the chemical reactor exploded.
Dense black smoke engulfed the entire area including nearby villages and the national highway. Fire tenders rushed to the scene.
The district administration has launched rescue and relief operations.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl