- Movie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting dramaAlia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau SidharthAnushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRKIndia ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika ApteUnknown facts about Kangana RanautAkshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan KumarKanika adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur...' sequelThe incredible journey from Dalip Rana to The Great KhaliNeed a block button for haters: Actor Sunny Leone
Indias Grandmaster Pentala Harikrishna registered a thumping victory over Englands Michae
2,800 Kuchipudi artists set Guinness record Last Updated : 26 Dec 2010 11:31:09 PM IST A total of 2800 artistes performs the classical Kuchipudi dance in Hyderabad
About 2,800 artists performed the classical Kuchipudi dance form in Hyderabad on Sunday to earn a place in the Guinness World Records, an official said.
Hailing from 16 countries, including India, the dancers held the audience spellbound at a colourful programme at Gacchibowli Stadium.
An official of Guinness World Records, who was present on the occasion, handed over a certificate to the organisers.
Organised jointly by California-based Silicon Andhra and Andhra Pradesh government, the event saw the artists performing the 'maha brunda natyam' in the mould of Sidhendra Yogi's dance form.
President Pratibha Patil, Andhra Pradesh Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan, Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development D. Purandareswari and hundreds of others enjoyed the splendid show.
"I congratulate all the artistes who participated in this feat. It is a matter of pride for the country," Patil said after watching the 20-minute performance.
The record-breaking performance was organised on the last day of the second International Kuchipudi Dance Convention.
Over 4,000 delegates from 16 countries participated in the convention, which brought together dancers from living legends to students.
The event aims to promote Kuchipudi and inspire the youth to know more about the dance form.
The president also praised Purandareswari, who surprised the participants by her performance Saturday. Clad in a silk saree, the junior minister danced for almost 15 minutes and was cheered enthusiastically by the audience.
Purnadwareswari, daughter of Telugu actor and former Andhra Pradesh chief minister N.T. Rama Rao, learnt Kuchipudi during her childhood.
She hails from Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh, considered the home of Kuchipudi.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On the face of it, "Phillauri" is the story of a reluctant groom guided by a ghost who hel
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' crosses Rs 100 crore mark in India
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting drama
- 3 Tamil films to be screened at New York film fest
- Social media makes people depressed: David Gandy
- Darshan sought psychologist's help for 'Mirza Juuliet' role
- Alia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau Sidharth
- Michael Shannon in 'Deadpool 2'
- Anushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRK
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
In a bid to provide great experiences to consumers, Panasonic India is set to launch two