- Photo : Get hands on skin, hair care tips to combat changing seasonsAnil Kapoor is a delight to work with: Neha SharmaWe're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with AkshayMovie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting dramaAlia Bhatt watches 'Phillauri' with beau SidharthAnushka, Diljit keep believing in the impossible: SRKIndia ashamed of sexuality, physicality: Actress Radhika ApteUnknown facts about Kangana RanautAkshay Kumar has many similarities with my father: Bhushan Kumar
Spain and Italy eased past their opponents to stay unbeaten in Group G of the 2018 footba
Delhi CM Kejriwal threatens to resign over jan lokpal bill Last Updated : 14 Feb 2014 12:38:10 PM IST Will Delhi CM Kejriwal quit Today over Jan Lokpal Bill?
Arvind Kejriwal's government demise looks imminent over the ongoing efforts to introduce the Aam Aadmi Party’s Jan Lokpal on Friday in Delhi Assembly .
Arvind Kejriwal has threatened to resign if jan lokpal bill was not introduced in the assembly.
Confrontation between the Centre and the Delhi government led by the Aam Aadmi Party is taking place as Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is adamant to table the controversial Jan Lokpal Bill in the state assembly ignoring Union Law Ministry's view that the Centre's prior approval was required.
If the session is disrupted for a second day, then the Chief Minister may resign. "No compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill," tweeted Delhi minister Manish Sisodia today.
The hardening of the AAP government's stand came even as Congress and BJP held the move by the ruling dispensation as
"unconstitutional"."Let there be a voting on tabling of the Bill. If Congress and BJP are against the tabling of the bill, its their wish."Even if they vote against the tabling of the Bill, probably, in that event the government will go," party leader and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said after party's Political Affairs Committee meeting.
Kejriwal has said he would quit "a thousand times" if his pet proposal, which creates an ombudsman or "Lokpal" to investigate corrupt government officers, is not passed.
Arvind kejriwal called the match fixing between Congress and BJP to disrupt the Delhi Assembly so that Jan lokpal bill is not passed ."The Congress is not supporting AAP, it is supporting the BJP. The nexus between the Congress and BJP has been exposed today in the assembly," said Kejriwal on Thursday.
Delhi cabinet on Thursday cleared the Swaraj Bill, which intends to devolve power directly to the people to curb corruption at the local level.Delhi Assembly witnessed unprecedented chaotic scenes on the first day of a special session as BJP and Congress MLAs joined hands in disrupting proceedings by throwing files, destroying mikes, flagging banners and trooping to the well demanding Law Minister Somnath Bharti's resignation over the midnight raid episode.
The party, however, said that even if Congress and BJPvote against the tabling of the Bill, the government will resign.
With the tabling of the jan lokpal bill in the Delhi assembly on Thursday looking highly unlikely, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal may make good his threat to resign.
The Union law ministry late on Wednesday said the Delhi government would have to take the prior consent of the Centre before tabling the anti-corruption legislation.
He said that the party's agenda is to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed and if that doesn't happen the government will quit.
The Chief Minister had warned that he "will go to any extent" to get the bill passed in the assembly.
The Law Ministry has held that the Transaction of Business Rules (TBR) make it mandatory that the Lt Governor refer to
the Centre every legislative proposal which may necessitate additional financial assistance.
One protester explained why he was there: “Venezuela is waking up, we’ve had enough of so much insecurity and repression on the part of the state’s public authorities and we are tired and showing it.”
It is the worst bout of unrest seen on the streets of the country’s capital Caracas since the turmoil which followed Maduro’s election last year.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Neha Sharma, who will be seen in a special role in the upcoming film "Mubarakan",
- We're a great team: Twinkle on marriage with Akshay
- Yogi Adityanath should do 'gas-releasing' asana: Twinkle Khanna
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- 'Peter Gunn' Star Lola Albright dies at 92
- 'Rajinikanth's visit to Sri Lanka might earn wrath of Tamil community'
- Movie review 'Phillauri': An astutely woven saga
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' crosses Rs 100 crore mark in India
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah': Swara shines in this hard-hitting drama
A group of birdwatchers spotted an Australian night parrot, once thought to be extinct, fo
Finnish tech firm Nokia, which made a comeback with three Android-based phones -- Nokia 6,