- PICS: Ye hai Bombay meri jaan! Listen songWhy Salman missed Arpita's house warming partySonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: RodricksPriyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'PICS of new BMW carsMovies to watch in December 2014Vegetarian delicacies at SAARC retreatTMC members wear black shawl in LSVeena Malik: Queen of controversies
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Delhi minor rape accused to be produced in court on Monday Last Updated : 21 Apr 2013 12:49:53 PM IST File photo
"The accused Manoj Kumar of Gandhi Nagar rape case will not be produced in the court today," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Kumar, a labourer in a garment factory in north-east Delhi, was arrested yesterday by a team of Delhi Police and their Bihar counterpart from Muzafarpur district.
A court in Bihar had given a 72-hour transit remand to Delhi Police to bring him to the capital.
The accused was flown to the capital last evening.
In normal circumstances, a person should be produced before a court within 24 hours of the arrest. In this case, police have time till Monday to produce him before a court as the transit remand ends on Monday.
"Police can keep him in custody till tomorrow. They can question him and when produced in court, we can seek his remand. We will ask for his police custody on Monday in the court," a senior police official said.
The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by Kumar while being held captive and starved for two days in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar. She also contractedinfection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Pankaj Thakur has made a brilliant piece of ducumantry on drunk and driving titl
- Sonam turns sporty bride for 'Dolly Ki Doli'
- Arts and crafts channel for children
- Why Salman missed Arpita's house warming party
- Sonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: Rodricks
- Veena Malik shocked over her conviction
- Priyanka turns brand ambassador of Unnati
- Tanisha not afraid to 'Go Pink'
- Movies to watch in December 2014
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Tablet sales in the country grew by 10 per cent to about 940,000 units in July-September