- India celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei recently failed a drug test, Malaysian media rep
Action against Delhi CP Neeraj Kumar likely, hints Sushilkumar Shinde Last Updated : 20 Apr 2013 05:20:09 PM IST File Photo
Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday hinted that there may be a shake-up at the topmost levels in the Delhi Police in the wake of recent incidents, including protesters entering his house and their conduct against West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee.
Talking to reporters in Rashtrapati Bhawan, Shinde said he is closely looking at the recent developments and some action may be in the offing.
Asked if recent reports of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar's likely removal were true, Shinde said, "I have ordered an inquiry into the two recent incidents- what happened to Mamata Banerjee at the Planning Commission and the case of some people entering my house. Action will be taken against those found responsible for it."
However, he did not specify who will face action and said he will wait for the inquiry report.
Both the inquiries are being conducted by Additional Secretary Khurshid Ahmed Ganai of the home ministry.
Meanwhile, Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna said all cases of missing children in the capital will be treated as cases of kidnapping, which being an offence will require a more serious approach from the police.
Asked about the brutal rape of a five-year-old, Khanna said the accused Manoj Kumar, has been arrested from Muzzafarpur.
He said ACP BS Ahlawat, who had slapped a girl protesting against the crime, had taken this action as she had allegedly pushed and heckled Delhi health minister AK Walia. He maintained that the news channels were showing only a part of the clipping. Ahlawat has been suspended.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Taylor Swift says provision of constant security is important to her because she ha
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
- Lady Gaga's 8,000 pounds Manchester shopping spree
- Jennifer Lopez buys USD 22m house
- Best friends Salman Khan, Aamir Khan will be seen together once again
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country