- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bashSay goodbye to cold with home remediesJoy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh BhattVIPs who got inked in third phase of UP electionsWhen Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
The fourth edition of the Tata Motors T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be held on M
Family blames Kanda for Geetika's mother suicide Last Updated : 16 Feb 2013 08:08:56 AM IST File photo: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda
In a new twist in the sensational Geetika Sharma case, her mother also committed suicide on Friday with the family blaming former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, six months after the former air-hostess ended her life alleging harassment by the MLA.
Anuradha Sharma, in her fifties, took the extreme step on Friday evening by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her residence in Ashok Vihar in north-west Delhi.
A senior police official said she was found hanging from a ceiling fan and a police team, which arrived immediately after it got a call, recovered the body.
He said Sharma was found dead by a relative who informed her son Ankit Sharma after which he rushed to their residence.
Anuradha Sharma's husband blamed Kanda for his wife's death. "He killed my daughter and now he has taken the life of my wife as well," he alleged. Other family members also alleged that the family was being pressurised by Kanda and his aides after Geetika's suicide.
Police said a suicide note has been recovered from the spot. In the suicide note, Anuradha said she was under depression ever since her daughter's death and blamed Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha for her daughter's death.
An FIR was registered in connection with Anuradha's death and there was no clarity on whether fresh charges will be filed against Kanda and Chaddha.
Geetika committed suicide in August last year alleging harassment by Kanda, who is currently in jail in connection with the case.
The 23-year-old air-hostess, who was employed with the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was found dead on August 5 last year at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi.
During police probe, it had emerged that Geetika and her family were very well known to Kanda and his wife and both families had gone on tours and pilgrimage in the country.
Kanda had resigned as Haryana Minister of State for Home after he was booked in the case and was arrested a fortnight after Geetika committed suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abetting suicide is made out against him. He also said that Geetika was "hypersensitive".loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"The Ghazi Attack", starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India duri
- Will Sara Ali Khan be as lucky as Alia Bhatt
- B-town couples grace Shahid's pre-birthday bash
- Video: Jhanvi grooves with boyfriend
- Pics:Joy to see Alia receive award from Sridevi, Mahesh Bhatt
- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roof
- When Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha Mishra
- 'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrity
- Neil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affair
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
ZTE to launch, Gigabit, phone, at MWC 2017, Beijing, Chinese smartphone, ZTE is set to, la