- Kajol and Karan Johar bitter spatAamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji\'s MardaaniPoonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket ChallengeBachchan's cheer for KabaddiFurore over Kunal Khemu\'s controversial \'shiva\' tattooGauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocksTop con films of BollywoodGlobal Honour for King KhanKajol\'s day outPics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman Alive
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
Geetika Sharma's mother Anuradha commits suicide Last Updated : 15 Feb 2013 07:58:48 PM IST File Photo
In a new twist in the sensational Geetika Sharma case, her mother also committed suicide on Friday, six months after the former airhostess ended her life due to alleged "harassment" by former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda.
Anuradha Sharma, in her fifties, took the extreme step this evening by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her residence in Ashok Vihar in north-west Delhi with her relatives saying she was under depression ever since Geetika's death.
Police, which rushed to her residence, said they have not found any suicide note as yet.
Geetika committed suicide in August last year alleging harassment by Kanda, who is currently in jail in connection with the case.
The 23-year-old airhostess, who was employed with the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi.
During police probe, it emerged that Geetika and his family were very well known to Kanda and his wife and both families had gone on tours and pilgrimage in the country.
Kanda had resigned as Haryana Minister of State for Home after he was booked in the case and was arrested a fortnight after Geetika committed suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abeting suicide is made out against him. He also says Geetika was "hypersensitive".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Once known as industry's closest buddies, Karan Johar and Kajol are not friends anymore
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to shoot intimate scenes for film?
- Aamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji's Mardaani
- Poonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Bachchan's cheer for Kabaddi
- Furore over Kunal Khemu's controversial 'shiva' tattoo
- Gauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocks
- Top con films of Bollywood
- Global Honour for King Khan
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.