- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soon
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Narendra Modi faces protests at SRCC in DU Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 03:23:27 PM IST File photo: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
There were about a hundred student protesting outside the SRCC college even as Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi expounded at Gujarat urban model of development inside the auditorium of the college.
Police was able to contain the protests which was largly peaceful.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi on Wednesday and gave a memorandum on issues related to the Sardar Sarovar dam.
Modi, who landed in New Delhi on Wednesday morning, reached the Manmohan Singh's residence at around 10 am.
Describing it as a very good meeting, Modi said that he talked about all pending projects in the state and also sought help for the Narmada irrigation project.
The Gujarat's CM, who met PM for the first time after being reelected for the third term, said that Manmohan Singh extended best wishes for Gujarat's development and to the new state government.
Modi delivered the first 'Shri Ram Memorial Oration', initiated by Shriram College of Commerce in Delhi University's North Campus in memory of its founder.
The event will mark the conclusion of the Business Conclave 2013.
The college has invited Modi after a campus survey in which students overwhelmingly indicated their preference to hear him, said a statement issued by Gujarat government.
Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections.
NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post.
On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ranveer Singh hides his bald look under a hat in 'Diwali' party.
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
- Images: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in Dubai
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country