- Steps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustreSee Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'Bipasha Basu to marry Karan todayRonaldo could be sidelinedRichards knocks ICC for criticism of West Indies
Vasco da Gama took a major step towards securing back-to-back Rio de Janeiro state footbal
Narendra Modi faces protests at SRCC in DU Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 03:23:27 PM IST File photo: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
There were about a hundred student protesting outside the SRCC college even as Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi expounded at Gujarat urban model of development inside the auditorium of the college.
Police was able to contain the protests which was largly peaceful.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi on Wednesday and gave a memorandum on issues related to the Sardar Sarovar dam.
Modi, who landed in New Delhi on Wednesday morning, reached the Manmohan Singh's residence at around 10 am.
Describing it as a very good meeting, Modi said that he talked about all pending projects in the state and also sought help for the Narmada irrigation project.
The Gujarat's CM, who met PM for the first time after being reelected for the third term, said that Manmohan Singh extended best wishes for Gujarat's development and to the new state government.
Modi delivered the first 'Shri Ram Memorial Oration', initiated by Shriram College of Commerce in Delhi University's North Campus in memory of its founder.
The event will mark the conclusion of the Business Conclave 2013.
The college has invited Modi after a campus survey in which students overwhelmingly indicated their preference to hear him, said a statement issued by Gujarat government.
Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections.
NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post.
On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actor Manoj Bajpayee will be “saluting” the spirit of traffic
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen
- Can't play negative roles
- Manoj Bajpayee to gift reflective jackets
- Younger generation respectful
- Civil War' earns $200.2 mn
- 'Baaghi' collects 35 crores in opening weekend
- Alia, Varun in 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya' sequel?
- Bipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' pics
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind