- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
The Rio Olympic Games should be postponed or moved "in the name of public health" over the
Narendra Modi faces protests at SRCC in DU Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 03:23:27 PM IST File photo: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
There were about a hundred student protesting outside the SRCC college even as Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi expounded at Gujarat urban model of development inside the auditorium of the college.
Police was able to contain the protests which was largly peaceful.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi on Wednesday and gave a memorandum on issues related to the Sardar Sarovar dam.
Modi, who landed in New Delhi on Wednesday morning, reached the Manmohan Singh's residence at around 10 am.
Describing it as a very good meeting, Modi said that he talked about all pending projects in the state and also sought help for the Narmada irrigation project.
The Gujarat's CM, who met PM for the first time after being reelected for the third term, said that Manmohan Singh extended best wishes for Gujarat's development and to the new state government.
Modi delivered the first 'Shri Ram Memorial Oration', initiated by Shriram College of Commerce in Delhi University's North Campus in memory of its founder.
The event will mark the conclusion of the Business Conclave 2013.
The college has invited Modi after a campus survey in which students overwhelmingly indicated their preference to hear him, said a statement issued by Gujarat government.
Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections.
NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post.
On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan says she is a greedy actor and doesn't believe in restricting herself
- SRK takes flight back from work to avoid traffic!
- When Karan Johar got emotional on 'Befikre' set!
- In coming times, all cinemas will be multiplexes: Big B
- Karan-Bipasha open to working together
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Poster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film out
- Harman Baweja's brother's 'personal' video leaked online
- Sonu Nigam to undergo knee surgery on June 7
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T