- Haider is a must watchRani Mukerji\'s first Durga Puja post wedding, view picsDeepika reunites with Ranbir, view picsPics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancyMeet Sachin Tendulkar\'s Kerala BlastersLisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dressSonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun TahilianiKunal Kapoor is dating Amitabh Bachchan\'s niecePICS: Obama hosts private dinner, Modi takes warm water onlyShraddha Kapoor\'s hot item number in Ungli
The all-important goal was scored by Aakashdeep Singh in the 45th minute.
Narendra Modi faces protests at SRCC in DU Last Updated : 06 Feb 2013 03:23:27 PM IST File photo: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
There were about a hundred student protesting outside the SRCC college even as Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi expounded at Gujarat urban model of development inside the auditorium of the college.
Police was able to contain the protests which was largly peaceful.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Modi ' title='Narendra Modi '>Narendra Modi met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi on Wednesday and gave a memorandum on issues related to the Sardar Sarovar dam.
Modi, who landed in New Delhi on Wednesday morning, reached the Manmohan Singh's residence at around 10 am.
Describing it as a very good meeting, Modi said that he talked about all pending projects in the state and also sought help for the Narmada irrigation project.
The Gujarat's CM, who met PM for the first time after being reelected for the third term, said that Manmohan Singh extended best wishes for Gujarat's development and to the new state government.
Modi delivered the first 'Shri Ram Memorial Oration', initiated by Shriram College of Commerce in Delhi University's North Campus in memory of its founder.
The event will mark the conclusion of the Business Conclave 2013.
The college has invited Modi after a campus survey in which students overwhelmingly indicated their preference to hear him, said a statement issued by Gujarat government.
Modi will also visit Allahabad to participate in the Maha Kumbh on February 12.
In recent weeks, there has been growing chorus in BJP for projecting Modi as party's Prime Ministerial candidate, arguing it will benefit the party in the next general elections.
NDA's key ally JD(U), which has reservation against Modi and wants a secular face acceptable to all as NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate, has condemned the "mad rush" of leaders naming a candidate of their choice for the top post.
On the other hand, Shiv Sena is pitching for Sushma Swaraj as the Prime Ministerial candidate.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Varinder Singh Ghuman is the only world's first vegetarian wrestler and will be making a f
- Rani Mukerji's first Durga Puja post wedding, view pics
- Deepika reunites with Ranbir, view pics
- 'Bang Bang' a very difficult film for me: Katrina
- Pics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancy
- Hrithik wants Salman to make painting with a message
- Lisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dress
- Sonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun Tahiliani
- Kunal Kapoor is dating Amitabh Bachchan's niece
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind