- Aamir, SRK in open warFilm review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mindLatest Sunny Leone\'s selfiesCensor board bans \'Sex Tape\' releaseImages: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?Salman takes fans for rideWatch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika PadukoneVarun Dhawan lands in jailOplus launches XonPhone 5 in IndiaSunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episode
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
All is not well between the two Khans.
- Film review: Salman Khan in Kick will blow your mind
- Latest Sunny Leone's selfies
- Censor board bans 'Sex Tape' release
- Images: What was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing at CWG Glasgow?
- Salman takes fans for ride
- Watch leaked video of Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone
- Varun Dhawan lands in jail
- Rani shoots video with police woman
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar