- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja Reloaded
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Nick Gordon has requested Bobby Brown to allow him to attend Bobbi Kristina Brown's funera
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta to announce two new projects
- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaar
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that