- Air pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi PednekarSonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine fluKardashian wants to live close to BeyoncePyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood filmsFeatures of Samsung Galaxy S6-S6 EdgeSunny adopts Zeenat’s look in LeelaAdnan Sami applies for Indian CitizenshipJacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on InstagramCharacter is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
A total of 26 football players will play for preliminary qualification round 1 for 2018 FI
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
For Bhumi Pednekar, putting on oodles of weight for her debut film "Dum Laga Ke Haisha" wa
- Sonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine flu
- PICS:Kardashian wants to live close to Beyonce
- Pyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood films
- PICS:Sunny adopts Zeenat’s look in Leela
- Pics:Adnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on Instagram
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today joined some MPs in having lunch in the Parliament's can
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w