- Women with the world's best butts3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionAjay-Kajol’s daughter is now a grown up girl, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin Tendulkar
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan celebrated his 27th birthday in Mumbai on Thursday, 24 April,
- Sunny Leone sizzles in golden bikini, watch video
- Its splitsvilla for Rahul Mahajan and Dimpy!
- Stars flaunt their inked fingers
- Is Kangana keeping fasts for 'Revolver Rani'?
- Women with the world's best butts
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood