- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fansI love shooting in New York: Priyanka ChopraWhy MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 croreUnseen pics of Sunny DeolWhy SRK said he will miss Anushka SharmaAish oozes oomph sitting on Ranbir Kapoor's lapRoute to get glowing skin for Karwa Chauth'Shivaay' is not screened in censor board: Taran Adarsh
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan, now Ranveer Singh is likely to endorse 'Thumps up'
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
- Mukesh Bhatt meets Rajnath Singh for safe release of 'Ae Dil...'
- Dangal trailer brings back the 'Chak De India' effect
- 'Dear Zindagi' trailer reveals a new SRK
- I love shooting in New York: Priyanka Chopra
- Now a film on India's surgical strikes
- Why MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 crore
A blue-eyed young 'chai wala' (tea seller) from Pakistan, who became an internet sensation
After releasing MacOS Sierra, Apple is planning to launch new MacOS-powered computers on