- SRK-Deepika have masti at music launch of \'HNY\'Deepika Padukone on cleavage and more celeb tweets that made newsPics: Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mika Singh, Gauhar Khan on India’s Raw StarSalman said interesting things about \'Bigg Boss 8\'Mahira denied debut with RanveerRanbir\'s strange silence on DeepikaFor Akshay martial arts is a mustPutin\'s girlfriend to head media groupCleavage row: Deepika what do you say about these picsSanjay Dutt\'s role in Aamir\'s PK revealed
The unpleasant memories of 2012 Olympics still fresh in her minds, Indian archery's blue-
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See the pictures of 'Happy New Year' Party.
- Deepika Padukone on cleavage and more celeb tweets that made news
- Pics: Yo Yo Honey Singh, Mika Singh, Gauhar Khan on India’s Raw Star
- Salman said interesting things about 'Bigg Boss 8'
- Madonna to release new album in 2015
- Monroe took 14 retakes for iconic 'The Seven Year Itch' scene
- Mahira denied debut with Ranveer
- Katy Perry leads MTV EMAs with seven nominations
- Ranbir's strange silence on Deepika
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Apple had more than 4 million advance orders of its new iPhones in the first 24 hours.