- Haider is a must watchRani Mukerji\'s first Durga Puja post wedding, view picsDeepika reunites with Ranbir, view picsPics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancyMeet Sachin Tendulkar\'s Kerala BlastersLisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dressSonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun TahilianiKunal Kapoor is dating Amitabh Bachchan\'s niecePICS: Obama hosts private dinner, Modi takes warm water onlyShraddha Kapoor\'s hot item number in Ungli
The all-important goal was scored by Aakashdeep Singh in the 45th minute.
Delhi gangrape case: Drama in Saket court Last Updated : 07 Jan 2013 01:08:34 PM IST File photo: In-camera hearing to begin in Delhi gangrape case from Monday
Drama ensued in Saket court during the hearing of December 16 gangrape-cum-murder case. It started with lawyers objecting to presence of an advocate to defend the accused.
The day-to-day hearing in the Delhi gang-rape case began on Saturday in a special fast-track court in Saket.
During the hearing on Sunday, two of the six accused told the court that they want to become witnesses on behalf of the state.
Out of four accused, who were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler inside her chamber after expiry of their 14-days of judicial remand, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma refused to take the service of legal aid counsel and expressed their willingness to become witnesses in the gangrape-cum-murder case.
Besides the two, Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh who were also produced before the court, have asked for legal aid counsel in the case for their defence.
Legal experts feel that an accused cannot hope to become a witness especially in a case of heinous crime like the Delhi gangrape-cum-murder to escape punishment.
The magistrate, meanwhile, extended their judicial remand till January 19, and asked them to appear before the court concerned on January 7 as per the production warrant issued to them after taking cognisance of the charge sheet filed against the accused on January 3.
The fifth accused arrested in the case Akshay Thakur will also be produced before a court on Monday as he is in judicial custody till January 9.
However, the case of sixth accused - a minor - will be heard by a Juvenile Justice Board.
While the accused were produced before the judge in her chamber, she dictated the order in open court room and no direction was given by her for prohibiting any media person from publishing or printing the proceedings.
A court had taken cognisance of the charge sheet against five of the accused yesterday under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC.
The victim, a paramedical student, was brutally raped and assaulted in a moving bus here on the night of December 16 and died of her injuries on December 29 in multi-speciality Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Varinder Singh Ghuman is the only world's first vegetarian wrestler and will be making a f
- Rani Mukerji's first Durga Puja post wedding, view pics
- Deepika reunites with Ranbir, view pics
- 'Bang Bang' a very difficult film for me: Katrina
- Pics of Genelia D'Souza's advanced pregnancy
- Hrithik wants Salman to make painting with a message
- Lisa Hayden attends GQ awards in a see-through dress
- Sonakshi Sinha walks the ramp for Tarun Tahiliani
- Kunal Kapoor is dating Amitabh Bachchan's niece
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind