- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer releasedWant my daughter to be proud of me: ShahidTips to pick lip colour this festive seasonMNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Metropolitan magistrate records rape victim's statement Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 06:26:17 PM IST
After controversy erupted over recording of the 23-year-old gangrape victim's statement, her fresh testimony was on Tuesday taken by the metropolitan magistrate, police said.
"A fresh statement of the girl has been recorded by the metropolitan magistrate," a senior police official said.
Controversy erupted over the recording of the victim's statement after Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit complained to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that senior police officials "interfered" in the process and sought an enquiry.
In a letter to Shinde, Dikshit cited a communication to her by Deputy Commissioner (East) B M Mishra that Sub Divisional Magistrate Usha Chaturvedi claimed that three senior police officers had prevented the video recording of the victim's statement. It was also alleged that the police officers wanted the SDM to use a questionnaire they prepared.
It later turned out to be an open war between Dikshit and Delhi Police, who demanded a probe into the "leakage" of her letter to the home minister.
Delhi Police came out with a strong denial and also demanded a high-level probe into the "leakage" of Dikshit's letter to Shinde.
"We deny the allegations levelled by SDM Usha Chaturvedi.
"Delhi Police demands a high-level inquiry into the leakage of a top-secret letter written by the Chief Minister to media," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is interesting to see how Alia Bhatt's reputation as someone who gets trolled and is co
- My films have never made money: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Shoojit Sircar prefers football over filmmaking
- I was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
- Shivaay: second trailer released
- Want my daughter to be proud of me: Shahid
- Shabana Azmi criticises Maharashtra CM
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
On October 23, 2001, Apple Co-Founder and former Chief Executive Steve Jobs unveiled iPod,