- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Metropolitan magistrate records rape victim's statement Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 06:26:17 PM IST
After controversy erupted over recording of the 23-year-old gangrape victim's statement, her fresh testimony was on Tuesday taken by the metropolitan magistrate, police said.
"A fresh statement of the girl has been recorded by the metropolitan magistrate," a senior police official said.
Controversy erupted over the recording of the victim's statement after Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit complained to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that senior police officials "interfered" in the process and sought an enquiry.
In a letter to Shinde, Dikshit cited a communication to her by Deputy Commissioner (East) B M Mishra that Sub Divisional Magistrate Usha Chaturvedi claimed that three senior police officers had prevented the video recording of the victim's statement. It was also alleged that the police officers wanted the SDM to use a questionnaire they prepared.
It later turned out to be an open war between Dikshit and Delhi Police, who demanded a probe into the "leakage" of her letter to the home minister.
Delhi Police came out with a strong denial and also demanded a high-level probe into the "leakage" of Dikshit's letter to Shinde.
"We deny the allegations levelled by SDM Usha Chaturvedi.
"Delhi Police demands a high-level inquiry into the leakage of a top-secret letter written by the Chief Minister to media," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl