- Katrina gets truck full of roses as giftAditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun TahilianiKatrina caught with Aditya at Janpath MarketShilpa Shetty to flaunt yoga movesKatrina happy to be going strongRose Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika-Diesel will make Ranveer jealousAll you want to know about Shahid's Valentine's Day planAbhishek celebrates birthday on cruise
The Indian compound archery team and the mixed pair claimed three gold medals in the morni
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan is teaming up with "Vicky Donor" actress Yami Gautam for San
- Aditya-Shraddha back together
- Coast Guard to induct 38 more aircraft by 2020
- Katrina gets truck full of roses as gift
- Aditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'
- Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun Tahiliani
- Katrina caught with Aditya at Janpath Market
- Katrina Kaif spending V-day with Ranbir Kapoor?
- Michael Moore in ICU with pneumonia
A woman gave birth to quadruplets at a private nursing home here today, doctors attending
Taiwanese manufacturer HTC on Friday launched a new 4G-enabled smartphone, called the Desi