- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country