- Lindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lindsay Lohan reportedly not invited to her father's second wedding.
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.