- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon picsWho looks prettiest in Big Star AwardTop 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealedStanford University students meets SRKKate Upton named sexiest womanMeet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti Haasan
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The new couple Arpita Khan and Ayush Khan are enjoying their honeymoon, see pics.
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
- Stanford University students meets SRK
- Kate Upton named sexiest woman
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer