- Hypertension may affect cognitive skills in childrenFive simple ways to keep weight in checkDevotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold Story
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The wife of Nawazuddin Siddiqui's younger brother has filed a police complaint against the
- Daniel Radcliffe 'trying' to pen film
- Adnan Sami gets trolled from Pakistanis
- 'Kumkum Bhagya' actor fired from 'Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya'
- Lady Gaga to headline Super Bowl LI halftime show
- Dhoni applauds Sushant's performance
- 'Baahubali 2' logo released
- Guess who is Alia dating?
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret