- Girls like sex crazy guysJaya Prada to re-enter Bollywood with thrillerKangana gives miss to traditional outfit at AwardsUK waits to find out name of newest baby PrincessThe first poster of ‘Humari Adhuri Kahani’Karan tied the knot with Actress AnkitaDavid Beckham joins InstagramSpice Girls reunite for Beckham\'s birthdayBarbra Streisand's dog attacks flight attendantRajasthan beat Delhi by 14 runs to jump to top spot
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Gangrape protest: Injured Delhi Police constable dies Last Updated : 25 Dec 2012 12:26:03 PM IST Delhi Police Constable Subhash Tomar died
A 47-year-old Delhi Police Constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Sunday after battling for life in a city hospital.
Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.
"With deep regret, we have to inform you Constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40 AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16 in New Delhi.
Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.
As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.
Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.
A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case.
Blaming the protesters for Tomar's death, his son Deepak alleged that protesters brutally beat up his father.
"The public is responsible for this because they beat him up so badly. Can they return my father?" he said.
Tomar's brother Yudhveer Singh also echoed similar views and said, "What was his fault? He was only doing his job and now he is no more."
The policeman's another brother Devinder Singh said, "His family has no other source of income. He was very committed to his duty."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actors Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Shefali Shah, Farhan Akhtar and Anil Ka
- Deepika says no to sex before marriage
- Beauties Priyanka, Kangana to host joint party
- Actress Pragya ties knot with Abhishek
- I don’t mind making fool of myself:Sunny
- know real name of Sexy Sunny Leone!
- Jaya Prada to re-enter Bollywood with thriller
- Fawad next venture is 'My Punjabi Nikaah'
- Ex-lovers Kareena-Shahid staying together!
A Budgam resident, who managed to get hall ticket for his Brown Cow to write a professiona