- Five worst films in last five years\'Kick\' to break \'Jai Ho\' recordsEid Mubarak wallpapers and imagesHumaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi5 unknown facts of Jacqueline FernandezPics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out whyThese Bollywood actors turned singers for their moviesSalman paints without sleep for JacquelineBipasha insults ChitrangadaBengali film scared Sushmita Sen
Indian shooter Mohd Asab has bagged the bronze medal in men's double trap event at the 2
Fire in Chandni Chowk market: Narrow lanes proving hindrance Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 11:42:33 AM IST Firefighters douse a fire at a go-down in Bhagirath Palace, an electrical market of Chandni Chowk area, in New Delhi on Thursday.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury in the blaze that erupted at the Bhagirath Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
Delhi Fire Services Director A K Sharma said they have no information about anyone being trapped inside the building.
He refused to speculate on the cause of the fire but rescue workers said they suspected short circuit to be the cause.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth fire-fighting operations. However, congested lanes in the locality hindered fire fighters.
"The fire broke out in a godown of electrical items. It is a 200 square yard godown. There were lot of inflammable plastic and PVC material. The structure is depleted due to age. It might have developed cracks. There is all the possibility that the structure may collapse.
"We are not able to enter the building as there is a huge fire and there is a fear that the building may collapse. We are trying to prevent the fire from spreading," Sharma said.
Power supply to the area has been snapped as a precaution.
Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central), said the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes and there was "no cause for worry" as the response of the fire brigade was "very good".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
There are bad films. And, there are terrible ones. The Hindi film industry because of its
- 'Kick' to break 'Jai Ho' records
- Humaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi
- 5 unknown facts of Jacqueline Fernandez
- Pics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out why
- Bollywood Star power support for Pro Kabaddi League
- These Bollywood actors turned singers for their movies
- Salman paints without sleep for Jacqueline
- Bipasha insults Chitrangada
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar