- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 croresFirst Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking coupleWhy Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore businessSonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followersFreida Pinto to be a guest star on \'The Mindy Project\'Radhika Apte - The lucky girlSalman\'s tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: PulkitWhat inspires Milind to make his 50th birthday remarkable?Is Kim Kardashian faking her baby bump?
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
Fire in Chandni Chowk market: Narrow lanes proving hindrance Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 11:42:33 AM IST Firefighters douse a fire at a go-down in Bhagirath Palace, an electrical market of Chandni Chowk area, in New Delhi on Thursday.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury in the blaze that erupted at the Bhagirath Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
Delhi Fire Services Director A K Sharma said they have no information about anyone being trapped inside the building.
He refused to speculate on the cause of the fire but rescue workers said they suspected short circuit to be the cause.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth fire-fighting operations. However, congested lanes in the locality hindered fire fighters.
"The fire broke out in a godown of electrical items. It is a 200 square yard godown. There were lot of inflammable plastic and PVC material. The structure is depleted due to age. It might have developed cracks. There is all the possibility that the structure may collapse.
"We are not able to enter the building as there is a huge fire and there is a fear that the building may collapse. We are trying to prevent the fire from spreading," Sharma said.
Power supply to the area has been snapped as a precaution.
Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central), said the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes and there was "no cause for worry" as the response of the fire brigade was "very good".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 crores beating Shahrukh's Chennai Express.
- SRK upset over fake teaser of 'Raees'
- First Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking couple
- Jackman shares teaser image of Wolverine film
- Why Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?
- Case against Salman for defending Yakub
- See how Taj Mahal destoryed in 'Pixel' movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition' to open Toronto Film Festival
- Salman Khan regrets not meeting APJ Abdul Kalam
Two young children who were locked up in a kennel during the day by their grandfather with
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that