- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
With a final berth at stake, the traditional rivalry between India and Pakistan will take
Fire in Chandni Chowk market: Narrow lanes proving hindrance Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 11:42:33 AM IST Firefighters douse a fire at a go-down in Bhagirath Palace, an electrical market of Chandni Chowk area, in New Delhi on Thursday.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury in the blaze that erupted at the Bhagirath Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
Delhi Fire Services Director A K Sharma said they have no information about anyone being trapped inside the building.
He refused to speculate on the cause of the fire but rescue workers said they suspected short circuit to be the cause.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth fire-fighting operations. However, congested lanes in the locality hindered fire fighters.
"The fire broke out in a godown of electrical items. It is a 200 square yard godown. There were lot of inflammable plastic and PVC material. The structure is depleted due to age. It might have developed cracks. There is all the possibility that the structure may collapse.
"We are not able to enter the building as there is a huge fire and there is a fear that the building may collapse. We are trying to prevent the fire from spreading," Sharma said.
Power supply to the area has been snapped as a precaution.
Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central), said the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes and there was "no cause for worry" as the response of the fire brigade was "very good".
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The MNS on Wednesday demanded the replacement of Pakistani actors Mahira Khan and Fawad Kh
- Big B, others wish Lata Mangeshkar on birthday
- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood pics
- Reason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marry
- Bollywood split on MNS ban on Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Herschell Gordon Lewis dies at 87
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho