- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
A FIFA delegation confirmed on Monday that the city will be one of the venues for the U-
Fire in Chandni Chowk market: Narrow lanes proving hindrance Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 11:42:33 AM IST Firefighters douse a fire at a go-down in Bhagirath Palace, an electrical market of Chandni Chowk area, in New Delhi on Thursday.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury in the blaze that erupted at the Bhagirath Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
Delhi Fire Services Director A K Sharma said they have no information about anyone being trapped inside the building.
He refused to speculate on the cause of the fire but rescue workers said they suspected short circuit to be the cause.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth fire-fighting operations. However, congested lanes in the locality hindered fire fighters.
"The fire broke out in a godown of electrical items. It is a 200 square yard godown. There were lot of inflammable plastic and PVC material. The structure is depleted due to age. It might have developed cracks. There is all the possibility that the structure may collapse.
"We are not able to enter the building as there is a huge fire and there is a fear that the building may collapse. We are trying to prevent the fire from spreading," Sharma said.
Power supply to the area has been snapped as a precaution.
Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central), said the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes and there was "no cause for worry" as the response of the fire brigade was "very good".
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan, who will soon be seen in suspense thriller "Kahaani 2 : Durga Rani Si
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
- Karan wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: Aishwarya
- SRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
- Kaabil poster will leave you intrigued
- 'Rock On 2' trailer released: Watch Now
- Priyanka's 'Ventilator' gets a dramatic world premiere
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon on Tuesday launched its flagship smartphone Ultra50