- Bollywood hot item girls!10 reasons to watch KickSunil Grover\'s new look in \'Comedy Nights\''Kick' movie review in PICSKatrina's hot pictures of Bang Bang\'Dil Dhadakne Do\' official poster outKunal proposes to Soha in ParisShilpa Shetty suffers wardrobe malfunctionMeet the young sardarni of B-TownBollywood heroines and sex appeal
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Fire in Chandni Chowk market: Narrow lanes proving hindrance Last Updated : 14 Dec 2012 11:42:33 AM IST Firefighters douse a fire at a go-down in Bhagirath Palace, an electrical market of Chandni Chowk area, in New Delhi on Thursday.
There was no immediate report of any casualty or injury in the blaze that erupted at the Bhagirath Palace market, which sells electrical and electronics items, at around 5:10pm and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
Delhi Fire Services Director A K Sharma said they have no information about anyone being trapped inside the building.
He refused to speculate on the cause of the fire but rescue workers said they suspected short circuit to be the cause.
Rescue workers evacuated people and barricaded the area to ensure smooth fire-fighting operations. However, congested lanes in the locality hindered fire fighters.
"The fire broke out in a godown of electrical items. It is a 200 square yard godown. There were lot of inflammable plastic and PVC material. The structure is depleted due to age. It might have developed cracks. There is all the possibility that the structure may collapse.
"We are not able to enter the building as there is a huge fire and there is a fear that the building may collapse. We are trying to prevent the fire from spreading," Sharma said.
Power supply to the area has been snapped as a precaution.
Taj Hassan, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central), said the fire was brought under control within 30 minutes and there was "no cause for worry" as the response of the fire brigade was "very good".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan has done it again! His latest film ‘KICK’ has taken a superb start by open
- Salman plans big party for Kick's success
- PICS: List of contestants of Bigg Boss 8
- Zoya Akhtar acting in 'Kamasutra'?
- PICS: Andreja Pejic is transgender!
- Gutthi is back in Comedy Nights
- Trailer: T-Series acquires music rights of 'Khoobsurat'
- Kareena's the show stopper
- OMG! Salman miffed with Deepika
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar