- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Airport Metro Express likely to run again Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 07:04:13 PM IST File photo of Delhi Metro train.
Unwilling to wait till Delhi Metro's Phase-III is completed, the Centre wants construction work on "some sections" of the Phase-IV project to start immediately once the detailed project report is completed.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath also said Delhi's Airport Metro Express might start functioning again by the end of this month or early next year as an inspection by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety is expected by then.
Addressing the valedictory session of the 5th Urban Mobility Conference 2012, he said the detailed project report of the Phase-IV of Delhi Metro will be completed soon and that the ministry intends to start work on "some sections".
Airport Metro Express likely to run again by early next year:
"Not completely, but we would start work on some sections through which we can connect the existing Phase I and II and also the Phase-III which is being built. When Phase-IV is fully completed, Delhi will have 440 km of metro network which will be bigger than the London underground," he said.
The minister also batted for monorail saying it will function as a "good feeder to unviable metro projects" by supplementing Metro in certain routes.
He also talked about delegation of more powers to state government in Metro construction and building up of human capacity to run such systems in the country.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl