- All you want to know about Bhajji's weddingSidharth, Katrina celebrate \'Baar Baar Dekho\' wrapFinal list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met Saif
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Airport Metro Express likely to run again Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 07:04:13 PM IST File photo of Delhi Metro train.
Unwilling to wait till Delhi Metro's Phase-III is completed, the Centre wants construction work on "some sections" of the Phase-IV project to start immediately once the detailed project report is completed.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath also said Delhi's Airport Metro Express might start functioning again by the end of this month or early next year as an inspection by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety is expected by then.
Addressing the valedictory session of the 5th Urban Mobility Conference 2012, he said the detailed project report of the Phase-IV of Delhi Metro will be completed soon and that the ministry intends to start work on "some sections".
Airport Metro Express likely to run again by early next year:
"Not completely, but we would start work on some sections through which we can connect the existing Phase I and II and also the Phase-III which is being built. When Phase-IV is fully completed, Delhi will have 440 km of metro network which will be bigger than the London underground," he said.
The minister also batted for monorail saying it will function as a "good feeder to unviable metro projects" by supplementing Metro in certain routes.
He also talked about delegation of more powers to state government in Metro construction and building up of human capacity to run such systems in the country.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbie Athiya Shetty, will walk the ramp for designers Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Kh
- Sidharth, Katrina celebrate 'Baar Baar Dekho' wrap
- Final list of 'Bigg Boss 9' inmates
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po