- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Over 5 lakh vacancies in police forces: govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 01:55:10 PM IST File photo: Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran
"The sanctioned strength of total police force as on January 1, 2011 is 20,64,370 and the actual strength is 15,63,301 with a vacancy of 5,02,420," Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said during Question Hour.
He said at present there are 131 policemen per one lakh population as against 173 policemen per lakh population, which is the norm prescribed by the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
Ramachandran dismissed claims of members that certain states were discriminated against by the Centre in allocation of funds for modernisation of police forces.
"We do not discriminate between states. We follow a formula prescribed by the BPR&D," he said.
"It is the responsibility of state governments to fill the vacancies. State governments have been advised from time to time by the Ministry of Home Affairs to fill existing vacancies in state police forces to deal with law and order problems," he said.
Ramachandran said in 2011, as many as 20,248 AK-47 rifles, 16,734 Glock-17 pistols, 7,760 Glock-19 pistols and 3,641 Glock-26 pistols have been given to various states and Union Territories.
As many as 2,220 SIG-556 assault rifles have been allocated to Gujarat, he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country