- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Over 5 lakh vacancies in police forces: govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 01:55:10 PM IST File photo: Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran
"The sanctioned strength of total police force as on January 1, 2011 is 20,64,370 and the actual strength is 15,63,301 with a vacancy of 5,02,420," Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said during Question Hour.
He said at present there are 131 policemen per one lakh population as against 173 policemen per lakh population, which is the norm prescribed by the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
Ramachandran dismissed claims of members that certain states were discriminated against by the Centre in allocation of funds for modernisation of police forces.
"We do not discriminate between states. We follow a formula prescribed by the BPR&D," he said.
"It is the responsibility of state governments to fill the vacancies. State governments have been advised from time to time by the Ministry of Home Affairs to fill existing vacancies in state police forces to deal with law and order problems," he said.
Ramachandran said in 2011, as many as 20,248 AK-47 rifles, 16,734 Glock-17 pistols, 7,760 Glock-19 pistols and 3,641 Glock-26 pistols have been given to various states and Union Territories.
As many as 2,220 SIG-556 assault rifles have been allocated to Gujarat, he said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl