- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...''My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectationsTrain To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man
Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup at the highest level, Vitaly Mutko, Deputy Prim
Over 5 lakh vacancies in police forces: govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 01:55:10 PM IST File photo: Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran
"The sanctioned strength of total police force as on January 1, 2011 is 20,64,370 and the actual strength is 15,63,301 with a vacancy of 5,02,420," Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said during Question Hour.
He said at present there are 131 policemen per one lakh population as against 173 policemen per lakh population, which is the norm prescribed by the Bureau of Police Research and Development.
Ramachandran dismissed claims of members that certain states were discriminated against by the Centre in allocation of funds for modernisation of police forces.
"We do not discriminate between states. We follow a formula prescribed by the BPR&D," he said.
"It is the responsibility of state governments to fill the vacancies. State governments have been advised from time to time by the Ministry of Home Affairs to fill existing vacancies in state police forces to deal with law and order problems," he said.
Ramachandran said in 2011, as many as 20,248 AK-47 rifles, 16,734 Glock-17 pistols, 7,760 Glock-19 pistols and 3,641 Glock-26 pistols have been given to various states and Union Territories.
As many as 2,220 SIG-556 assault rifles have been allocated to Gujarat, he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on Saturday said there is no skin show or liplocks in her u
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel