- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Man to file five years' tax returns in maintenance suit Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 01:49:53 PM IST File Photo
A Noida resident has been asked by a court in Delhi to submit his income tax returns and bank statements of the last five years to reach a "fair" decision on his estranged wife's plea for alimony from him.
District Judge (DJ) Sunita Gupta gave the order upholding a trial court's order directing the man to file the requisite documents on the ground that they are "very material" in reaching a proper decision in the case.
"Directions by the metropolitan magistrate vide impugned order were given just to arrive at a fair conclusion of the trial. No fault can be found with the said order..," the judge said.
The husband had approached the sessions court challenging the August 7 order of the trial court to him to file his IT returns and bank statements.
He had said the magistrate's order should be set aside as it was passed when the adjudication of the plea for alimony
was about to end.
He told the court that the maintenance petition was filed against him by his wife in March 2007 on "false and frivolous
ground with ulterior motives".
The DJ, however, dismissed his arguments saying he had not filed before the trial court his salary certificate or
other relevant documents showing his income.
The sessions court held that the trial court order was made for "proper" adjudication of the case and there was no "infirmity" in it.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2