- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Tagore's artworks return home Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 06:16:23 PM IST File Photo
Like their creator who travelled to every part of the world propagating peace, 208 masterpiece artworks of Rabindranath Tagore which criss-crossed the globe for over a year are now back home for a landmark exhibition of rare paintings of the Nobel Laureate.
Be it haunting heads or romantic figures or melancholy landscapes or dancing figures -- every painting speaks endlessly about the creativity of the multi-faceted Tagore, a prolific artist, writer and poet of the 21st Century.
'The Last Harvest', consisting of some of the rare and marvellous paintings done by Tagore which have been taken out from various institutions like the Shanti Niketan, was inaugurated today by Culture Minister Chandresh Kumari Katoch.
The paintings had already been exhibited in nine renowned museums and art galleries across the world as part of the events to mark 150th birth anniversary of Tagore.
The artwork treasures, which were part of Tagore's special collection at the National Museum here and other galleries,
will now be on display here at the National Gallery of Modern Art to enable his art lovers to have a glimpse of them.
Tagore's abode -- Shanti Niketan -- has also given dozens of his art works to be displayed at museums across the globe.
Speaking on the occasion, Katoch observed that a whole generation has passed since the poet's death, and, perhaps, he
is just beginning to be understood.
Curated by Prof. R. Siva Kumar, the works are drawn from the prestigious collections of Rabindra Bhavan, Kala Bhavan,
Visva Bharati Santiniketan and from the National Gallery of Modern Art.
The majority of the works comprise haunting heads, romantic figures, and melancholy landscapes. Then there are dancing figures as well as bizarre forms.
The exhibition would also be mounted in other cities subsequently.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut starrer 'Revolver Rani' hit theatres on Friday, 25 April, 2014 and the 'Que
- Women with the world's best butts
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood