- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Metro service disrupted following violent protest Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:30:25 AM IST File photo
Locals went on a rampage in an east Delhi locality on Saturday afternoon setting afire a banquet hall following the murder of a young driver, prompting Metro to suspend its services on a portion of the line linking UP.
As locals indulged in violence protesting the murder near Karkardooma station, Metro authorities did not run trains between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali in UP betweeen 4:15 PM and 6:20 PM, officilas said.
It all started after Rakesh Kumar (31) was found dead on a pavement in Karkardooma at around 2 PM.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead and police registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Meanwhile, police claimed that a rumour spread in the area that police have not registered a case. There was also some delay at the hospital in conductig the post mortem.
Enraged at this, locals assembled near Karkardooma Metro station and started protesting. Though they did not target the station, the protesters set afire a vehicle and a nearby banquet hall.
Following this, Metro authorities closed the Karkardooma station and taking safety and security issues into consideration, it stopped services between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali.
However, the services were restored two hours later but trains did not stop at Karkardooma station till the situation was fully brought under control.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel