- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Metro service disrupted following violent protest Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:30:25 AM IST File photo
Locals went on a rampage in an east Delhi locality on Saturday afternoon setting afire a banquet hall following the murder of a young driver, prompting Metro to suspend its services on a portion of the line linking UP.
As locals indulged in violence protesting the murder near Karkardooma station, Metro authorities did not run trains between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali in UP betweeen 4:15 PM and 6:20 PM, officilas said.
It all started after Rakesh Kumar (31) was found dead on a pavement in Karkardooma at around 2 PM.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead and police registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Meanwhile, police claimed that a rumour spread in the area that police have not registered a case. There was also some delay at the hospital in conductig the post mortem.
Enraged at this, locals assembled near Karkardooma Metro station and started protesting. Though they did not target the station, the protesters set afire a vehicle and a nearby banquet hall.
Following this, Metro authorities closed the Karkardooma station and taking safety and security issues into consideration, it stopped services between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali.
However, the services were restored two hours later but trains did not stop at Karkardooma station till the situation was fully brought under control.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -