- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
Metro service disrupted following violent protest Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:30:25 AM IST File photo
Locals went on a rampage in an east Delhi locality on Saturday afternoon setting afire a banquet hall following the murder of a young driver, prompting Metro to suspend its services on a portion of the line linking UP.
As locals indulged in violence protesting the murder near Karkardooma station, Metro authorities did not run trains between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali in UP betweeen 4:15 PM and 6:20 PM, officilas said.
It all started after Rakesh Kumar (31) was found dead on a pavement in Karkardooma at around 2 PM.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead and police registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Meanwhile, police claimed that a rumour spread in the area that police have not registered a case. There was also some delay at the hospital in conductig the post mortem.
Enraged at this, locals assembled near Karkardooma Metro station and started protesting. Though they did not target the station, the protesters set afire a vehicle and a nearby banquet hall.
Following this, Metro authorities closed the Karkardooma station and taking safety and security issues into consideration, it stopped services between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali.
However, the services were restored two hours later but trains did not stop at Karkardooma station till the situation was fully brought under control.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T