- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
Metro service disrupted following violent protest Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 07:30:25 AM IST File photo
Locals went on a rampage in an east Delhi locality on Saturday afternoon setting afire a banquet hall following the murder of a young driver, prompting Metro to suspend its services on a portion of the line linking UP.
As locals indulged in violence protesting the murder near Karkardooma station, Metro authorities did not run trains between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali in UP betweeen 4:15 PM and 6:20 PM, officilas said.
It all started after Rakesh Kumar (31) was found dead on a pavement in Karkardooma at around 2 PM.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead and police registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
Meanwhile, police claimed that a rumour spread in the area that police have not registered a case. There was also some delay at the hospital in conductig the post mortem.
Enraged at this, locals assembled near Karkardooma Metro station and started protesting. Though they did not target the station, the protesters set afire a vehicle and a nearby banquet hall.
Following this, Metro authorities closed the Karkardooma station and taking safety and security issues into consideration, it stopped services between Yamuna Bank and Vaishali.
However, the services were restored two hours later but trains did not stop at Karkardooma station till the situation was fully brought under control.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nargis Fakhri made her debut in Bollywood with the romantic movie 'Rockstar' oppos
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Movie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the way
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
- SRK fined Rs.1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.