- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Delhiites celebrate Diwali with fervour Last Updated : 13 Nov 2012 09:53:38 PM IST File photo related to Diwali festival.
Delhiites celebrated Diwali with fervour and gaiety on Tuesday lighting up houses with 'diyas', making colourful 'rangolis', exchanging sweets and bursting crackers.
People rushed to their nearby markets to make last minute shopping for sweets and crackers even as many began the day with the morning prayers with some offering prayers at households and others visiting temples.
Dressed in their festive best, people visited their friends and relatives and exchanged gifts.
Many also took to Facebook to wish a 'Happy Diwali' to their friends and some also used the social networking site to exhort their friends to follow safety norms while bursting crackers.
Diwali marks the joy of Ayodhya when Lord Ram returns to his kingdom after defeating Ravana.
Police and fire brigade made extensive arrangements to ensure an "incident-free" Diwali.
While police strengthened its presence across the city, especially in markets, fire fighters too kept fire tenders ready to respond at any distress call.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl