- Katrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drinkSunny Leone at zoOm Tv functionNow monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before releaseAfter posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to IslamSalman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track \'In Da Club\'Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view pics
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
TMC rally in Delhi: Mamata protests against FDI in retail Last Updated : 01 Oct 2012 03:34:12 PM IST TMC Delhi rally
The rally is to be addressed by Party Chief Mamata Banerjee. So far the gathering of people has not been impressive. But it is expected to swell with the arrival of Mamata Banerjee. After parting ways with the UPA, Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will for the first time lead a demonstration against "anti-people" decisions of the Centre.
"It is an unprecedented decision by Banerjee to hold a rally at Jantar Mantar in the national capital to press the Centre to review its decisions on FDI in retail, cap on subsidised LPG and diesel price hike," Trinamool Congress MP K D Singh said.
He said the demonstration was part of the party's resolve to show solidarity with the 'aam admi' who has been hurt the most by such decisions.
"Withdrawing from the UPA was the first step. A series of protests have been planned in the coming days till the decisions are withdrawn," he said.
When asked whether Trinamool Congress would support a resolution in Parliament against FDI if it is brought by BJP, former Railway Minister Mukul Roy evaded a direct reply.
"Who brings what is not the issue. The actual issue is the decision of the government which is anti-people...the then Finance Minister (Pranab Mukherjee) had assured Parliament that any decision on FDI will be taken after consulting all stakeholders and after evolving a consensus. That has not happened," he rued.
In her Facebook post, Banerjee had recently said: "Let us fight the battle boldly and unitedly. In a democracy, people are supreme. Our voice is the voice of the people. We must raise our voice, so that the government must reconsider."
She said the party's fight for the cause of common people continued with the help of 'Maa, Mati, Manush' throughout the country.
TMC, which has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out its six ministers from the government on September 21 and withdrew support to the Congress-led UPA on these issues.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina is seen performing daring acts in water for her forthcoming film 'Bang Bang'.
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
- Now monkeys fall in love with Jacqueline!
- SRK-Aishwarya together on screen?
- Aamir’s PK earns Rs 85 cr much before release
- Deepika ends 'Cleavage row’ with an open letter: Read now
- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to Islam
- Salman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track 'In Da Club'
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr