- When eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...In Pics: Bollywood bombshells feature on magazine coversTen Boldest Bollywood moviesPlot leaked: Find out what Salman Khan\'s Kick is all aboutKatrina copies Deepika\'s bikiniWhat is Salman Khan's fee for Bigg Boss 8 and his conditionsEx lovers Ranbir-Deepika get cosy in \'Tamasha\'Shankaracharya in trouble for his remarks against Sai BabaDelhi Zoo soon to give more to animalsThese B-Wood daughters will not make a debut
India will be expecting a lion's share of medals from shooters, boxers, wrestlers and shu
TMC rally in Delhi: Mamata protests against FDI in retail Last Updated : 01 Oct 2012 03:34:12 PM IST TMC Delhi rally
The rally is to be addressed by Party Chief Mamata Banerjee. So far the gathering of people has not been impressive. But it is expected to swell with the arrival of Mamata Banerjee. After parting ways with the UPA, Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will for the first time lead a demonstration against "anti-people" decisions of the Centre.
"It is an unprecedented decision by Banerjee to hold a rally at Jantar Mantar in the national capital to press the Centre to review its decisions on FDI in retail, cap on subsidised LPG and diesel price hike," Trinamool Congress MP K D Singh said.
He said the demonstration was part of the party's resolve to show solidarity with the 'aam admi' who has been hurt the most by such decisions.
"Withdrawing from the UPA was the first step. A series of protests have been planned in the coming days till the decisions are withdrawn," he said.
When asked whether Trinamool Congress would support a resolution in Parliament against FDI if it is brought by BJP, former Railway Minister Mukul Roy evaded a direct reply.
"Who brings what is not the issue. The actual issue is the decision of the government which is anti-people...the then Finance Minister (Pranab Mukherjee) had assured Parliament that any decision on FDI will be taken after consulting all stakeholders and after evolving a consensus. That has not happened," he rued.
In her Facebook post, Banerjee had recently said: "Let us fight the battle boldly and unitedly. In a democracy, people are supreme. Our voice is the voice of the people. We must raise our voice, so that the government must reconsider."
She said the party's fight for the cause of common people continued with the help of 'Maa, Mati, Manush' throughout the country.
TMC, which has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out its six ministers from the government on September 21 and withdrew support to the Congress-led UPA on these issues.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
From the most scandalous controversies to nude pictures, the eternal glamor queen of Bolly
- In Pics: Bollywood bombshells feature on magazine covers
- Ten Boldest Bollywood movies
- Plot leaked: Find out what Salman Khan's Kick is all about
- Katrina copies Deepika's bikini
- What is Salman Khan's fee for Bigg Boss 8 and his conditions
- Ex lovers Ranbir-Deepika get cosy in 'Tamasha'
- Mandira does not mind exposing
- Out : Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor’s first look in Tamasha
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
Prices of QWERTY handsets of Blackberry have been slashed to make them affordable.