- Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in IndiaPriyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood filmTen unknown facts about SushantCold wave continues in J&KDonald Trump, Melania perform first danceKareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finaleCan't work with people who don't love me: SRKMaruti Suzuki Ignis Surpasses 10,000 Bookings Within 20 DaysSara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?Know who's who in the new US First Family
India's Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their mixed doubles first round matches at the A
TMC rally in Delhi: Mamata protests against FDI in retail Last Updated : 01 Oct 2012 03:34:12 PM IST TMC Delhi rally
The rally is to be addressed by Party Chief Mamata Banerjee. So far the gathering of people has not been impressive. But it is expected to swell with the arrival of Mamata Banerjee. After parting ways with the UPA, Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will for the first time lead a demonstration against "anti-people" decisions of the Centre.
"It is an unprecedented decision by Banerjee to hold a rally at Jantar Mantar in the national capital to press the Centre to review its decisions on FDI in retail, cap on subsidised LPG and diesel price hike," Trinamool Congress MP K D Singh said.
He said the demonstration was part of the party's resolve to show solidarity with the 'aam admi' who has been hurt the most by such decisions.
"Withdrawing from the UPA was the first step. A series of protests have been planned in the coming days till the decisions are withdrawn," he said.
When asked whether Trinamool Congress would support a resolution in Parliament against FDI if it is brought by BJP, former Railway Minister Mukul Roy evaded a direct reply.
"Who brings what is not the issue. The actual issue is the decision of the government which is anti-people...the then Finance Minister (Pranab Mukherjee) had assured Parliament that any decision on FDI will be taken after consulting all stakeholders and after evolving a consensus. That has not happened," he rued.
In her Facebook post, Banerjee had recently said: "Let us fight the battle boldly and unitedly. In a democracy, people are supreme. Our voice is the voice of the people. We must raise our voice, so that the government must reconsider."
She said the party's fight for the cause of common people continued with the help of 'Maa, Mati, Manush' throughout the country.
TMC, which has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out its six ministers from the government on September 21 and withdrew support to the Congress-led UPA on these issues.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be Bollywood's first Khan to travel to Delhi from Mumbai for
- Pics: Dangal mints over Rs 375 crore in India
- Commando 2 teaser released, Vidyut on cloud nine
- Priyanka Jagga bags her first Bollywood film
- Ten unknown facts about Sushant
- Kareena to be Anita Dongre's showstopper at LFW finale
- Can't work with people who don't love me: SRK
- Sara Ali and Harshvardhan a new couple in town?
- Kaabil: Watch Hrithik in the latest dialogue promo
Researchers at IISER-Kolkata's Ant Lab here are exploring why ants take the risk and bear
Marking its 20th anniversary in the country, Digital imaging company Canon India on Friday