- See pic: Deepika tender moment with Pauline.Ways to keep your pet's safe this monsoonKartik Aaryan to surprise fans with diverse rolesKnow what Divyanka's ex-boyfriend Ssharad Malhotra said about her wedding6 Movies of Ranveer Singh which says he deserves the 'Best Actor' awardJennifer Winget and Fawad Khan to share big screenSid and Scrat surprised Arjun Kapoor on birthdayGo bold and beautiful with hairdos this monsoonPomp, splendour mark a royal wedding at MysuruIIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood high
British tennis player Marcus Willis has described playing 17-time Grand Slam champion Roge
TMC rally in Delhi: Mamata protests against FDI in retail Last Updated : 01 Oct 2012 03:34:12 PM IST TMC Delhi rally
The rally is to be addressed by Party Chief Mamata Banerjee. So far the gathering of people has not been impressive. But it is expected to swell with the arrival of Mamata Banerjee. After parting ways with the UPA, Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will for the first time lead a demonstration against "anti-people" decisions of the Centre.
"It is an unprecedented decision by Banerjee to hold a rally at Jantar Mantar in the national capital to press the Centre to review its decisions on FDI in retail, cap on subsidised LPG and diesel price hike," Trinamool Congress MP K D Singh said.
He said the demonstration was part of the party's resolve to show solidarity with the 'aam admi' who has been hurt the most by such decisions.
"Withdrawing from the UPA was the first step. A series of protests have been planned in the coming days till the decisions are withdrawn," he said.
When asked whether Trinamool Congress would support a resolution in Parliament against FDI if it is brought by BJP, former Railway Minister Mukul Roy evaded a direct reply.
"Who brings what is not the issue. The actual issue is the decision of the government which is anti-people...the then Finance Minister (Pranab Mukherjee) had assured Parliament that any decision on FDI will be taken after consulting all stakeholders and after evolving a consensus. That has not happened," he rued.
In her Facebook post, Banerjee had recently said: "Let us fight the battle boldly and unitedly. In a democracy, people are supreme. Our voice is the voice of the people. We must raise our voice, so that the government must reconsider."
She said the party's fight for the cause of common people continued with the help of 'Maa, Mati, Manush' throughout the country.
TMC, which has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out its six ministers from the government on September 21 and withdrew support to the Congress-led UPA on these issues.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
AirAsia India, as the official airline partner for "Kabali", has unveiled its all new rebr
- Ileana D'Cruz holidaying with her boyfriend: View PICS
- Kapil's on-screen lover Sumona Chakravarti caught smoking
- Salman Khan possessive for his girlfriend Iulia Vantur
- Debina Bonnerjee to join 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- TV good way to start as actor: Mohit Abrol
- After Sushant's stardom, Ankita Lokhande to make Bollywood debut
- I'm guarded about my personal life
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
A man in the US has taken his love for smartness to a whole new level - by marrying it in
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th